Q9450 High Temps!

I would talk to intel first, then based on what they say RMA it. Don't lap it though cause that will void your warranty.

I would talk to intel first, then based on what they say RMA it. Don't lap it though cause that will void your warranty.

2 late now.

Just finished lapping the IHS and no results!!! OMG I'm scrued now!

Realtemp 2.5
Core 1-2 = 25c
Core 3-4 = 37c

CoreTemp 0.98.1
Core 1-2 = 34c
Core 2-3 = 47c

Anyone wants to buy it for $200 hehehehe :)

but anyways, its the sensor i guess right? My first build and I had to get a messed up CPU out of all things!!!

2 questions, What temp monitor I should trust more? Coretemp or RealTemp? And i asume that the sensor is broken but for what cores... ? what u think cores 1-2 are correct or cores 3-4? Dont know about my room temp, but its a normal temp not hot not cold.

Dont know about the dividers, but I have the option to run DRAM at 1066 (its the top one) dont know id i need to rais fsb to run that or not tho..

Pretty sure it's the same setting as the divider, the only difference is that your bios tells you to ram speed instead of the ratio. This way you don't have to calculate the ram speed by yourself.
So yeah, if you are not overclocking choose the correct ram speed. If you are then it's probably just best to leave the divider alone since the ram speed will increase when you raise the fsb.

and yes, it could be the sensor. As long as it works fine I woudn't worry about it too much.

Pretty sure it's the same setting as the divider, the only difference is that your bios tells you to ram speed instead of the ratio. This way you don't have to calculate the ram speed by yourself.
So yeah, if you are not overclocking choose the correct ram speed. If you are then it's probably just best to leave the divider alone since the ram speed will increase when you raise the fsb.

and yes, it could be the sensor. As long as it works fine I woudn't worry about it too much.

My ram V is 2.0v-2.1v (stock) its currently set to like 1.904 Should I just change it to stuck?

I highly doubt your ram voltage is at 1.094 :D That would be only about 50% of the stock voltage. It's fine to run it at the stock voltage, it's high enough to keep it stable at stock speed and it's low enough so that it doesn't break the ram.

If you are running the ram as ddr2 800 then you can probably lower the voltage a bit if you want to. This won't really do too much, just causes a bit less strain on the ram, lowers temps and decreases power consumption a bit. Just don't go too low or it won't be stable.

And then if/when you overclock you might have to increase the ram voltage to something higher than the stock to keep it stable. But since the rams stock speed is 1066 it should work fine at that speed with stock voltage.

But like I said stock is good enough and it will work just fine. No need to change it if you don't want to. And like I always say, if it's working just fine then you don't need to worry about it.

Atm my own ram is running at 850mhz and I'm pretty sure it's still using 2.0v when the stock was 2.1v. :D

Thanks mammikoura

The way u put this all done, was just pleasent to read. :) As u can see I didnt have a good day today. Its 1.904 not 1.094 its my mistake, post edited. Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom