Such an amazing day... Just landed an AMAZING job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

That sounds like some shady ass sh*t^

I'm sure glad the office I'm working at isn't like that at all. I don't know how other Kirby offices do it, but for mine, we go in at 9:30AM, have a 1 hour meeting, and then do office work.

A) We DON'T go door to door. We are given appointments that customers/offices CALL US and ask for demonstrations because they've found out from someone else how well the product works.

B) I DON'T use my own vehicle, they take us to the appointments in a van. WE DON'T SOLICIT at the place I am working.

C) I am GUARENTEED to NEVER work past 7PM, NO MATTER WHAT. WRITTEN CONTRACT FROM THEM.

D) Our demonstrations (which we have been doing and learning for the last few days) only last 30 MINUTES. Maybe 2 minutes to first meet with them and small talk a little bit to break the ice.

E) Biggest and MOST importantly, I don't have to sell ANY products, and NO MATTER WHAT, I still get a 475$ check EVERY FRIDAY. If I DO sell one, I get commission anywhere between 500-1000$ (Depending on how badly the buyer gets screwed on the price by the sales manager I guess)

F) Going along with E, all I have to do is have 15 appointments (pre scheduled for me) a week. As long as they know I am doing the appointments and I call and let them know, they check each one off, and I get my check.

G) Out of state meetings? Thats complete BS.

H) Training un paid? BS. They give me a Kirby to take home tomorrow and Tuesday to practice with and basically show my friends and family. I get 10$ for each person I show. I brought in my appointment list with 13 scheduled appointments today, and I got 130$ CASH in hand THIS DAY. So don't give me that BS because you f*cks don't know what you are saying.

I) You don't have to work 7 days a week. THAT is BS too.

Sensei, I respect you and everything, but you mentioning that I am making 100,000$ a year was crap and I never said that. All I said was I am being started at 475 a week NO MATTER WHAT without even selling a product, and that if I am not late for the first 30 days by even a minute, I get a 1,000$ sign-on bonus. I said there is a CHANCE of getting a management position if you show you are a hard worker and can learn the system quickly in 2-3 months.

YES, I was incorrect about the "paid vacations". I had the idea you could plan out whatever vacation you wanted anywhere or w/e and they payed for everything. That isn't the case. The top sellers get to go with the boss and managers and its to places like Las Vegas, Hawaii, Paris, etc. And you are given plane tickets, limo service anywhere, free food, free spa treatment, free room service, free everything except for if you do your own personal shopping. And yes, free drinks too ;P

You guys seriously make it out to be the devil's job based on the things people wrote on that site. And yeah, even I say the things I read on that site make me gag. It looks TERRRRIBLE. And if my job was ever anything like that, I would instantly quit the first day. ESPECIALLY if I was an employee like that guy described.

And there is a competition every month. Sell 5 kirby's, get a video camera or something. Sell 10, get a Laptop, and a nice one too :p, Sell 15, get an 8GB iphone and service plan included for a year, sell 20-30, and you get a free all expense payed for vacation to Vegas where all the "payed vacation" things apply, but this time its only you and another person, not every else.

What I am trying to say is, just because there are d-bags that exist that work for a company, does NOT mean that everyone else that does is.

And DON'T believe all this BS you are reading. Well yeah, believe it, I believe all those story's too. But thats NOT how we do it at my office. And thats that.

i think all you want to hear is congrats soo...

Congratulations for landing this great job :D

Shannon of Anchorage AK (03/05/08) said:
Shannon of Anchorage AK (03/05/08)
I feel I must reply to all the negative statements made about Kirby Vacuums. I called for the free carpet shampoo - I'm not a boob - I knew it was going to be a sales pitch. They said as much when they called to confirm. I noticed that in all the complaining from most folks, VERY few mention the quality of the machine. I adore my vacuum! I have several pets and need a vacuum that actually picks up pet hair. The difference between my previous vacuum and my Kirby is astronomical! The Kirby is very heavy, so I put on the hose and leave the heavy machinery at the bottom of the stairs - easy. It has a great self-propelling system and is very easy to manage. It is an army-tank of a vacuum and picks up like no vacuum I've ever seen. They took my pansy Hoover that would just roll pet hair into balls and not pick it up and gave me a credit for it. LOVIN IT! I used my credit card to buy it and paid it off at my leisure - I actually READ contracts before signing and did not like their terms. I've had it about three years. One time last year it stopped picking up every little thing, so I took it in to my little Kirby shop around the corner. The fellow behind the counter was so kind and helpful! He ran it for a second, then put on a new belt. No charge, no fussing about me not looking at it for over two years... The manager came out of his office briefly when I was discussing the problem I was having; then, seeing I was taken care of, went back to work. I love my Kirby. I love my Kirby store. I love the workers at that store. If you want a vacuum for life that does a phenomenal job, get a Kirby!

Consequences of buying my Kirby: I have a clean floor, clean beds, clean furniture... I get a little excercise when I have to carry it up or down stairs.

One.

By the way, we are allowed to tell them however far they can throw there old vaccum (even if its a damn hand held), for every foot, we will knock off 100$.

Peter of Watertown MA said:
Peter of Watertown MA (01/28/08)
I was a dealer for Kirby Vacuum for 2 years. I was one of the company's Super-Stars and was richly rewarded for my efforts. The tactics are hard-sell and confrontational, but legal in every way. Many more people fail than succeed, but the company has created more millionaires than any other company in the world. The machine itself is so far superior to any other vacuum on the market that it makes the competition seem like toys. It's an investment, but unfortunately one that many buyers can't afford.The machine [at the time] cost the dealer $250 and sold for $1500. It is a great product, sold through an imperfect system, by legitimate, but extremely mercenary, dealers. If you are hard working, don't mind slamming people into purchasing a machine that they can't afford, you can make a fortune. If you buy one, you get the best machine on the market; but you pay for it. As for the free rug shampoo--use your head: nothing is free.

I don't mind working hard at all. I have always been a hard worker, and I am a good charactered person. I will NEVER pressure anyone, I will never use shady tactics, etc.

Apparently I'm the only douche bag and jerk that thought this offer was far from legit.:rolleyes: .

Wow....

You know Ghost, I've never once disrespected you in that manner and to this day I still won't stoop to that level and begin with name calling.

Yeah man, I completely understand what you are saying, and I appreciate it. Really, I do.

+1.

edit: Must spread around :(

Your a good guy, man. And I don't like most cops ;)

But ALOT of cops tend to be power hungry douche bags. But at the same time, ALOT of them are just trying to make a positive difference. And I respect that.

At first when I read the above statement of yours I took it to heart and genuinely believed you, But now I'm having a hard time believing you meant any of it. Forgive me for giving my opinion and attempting to look out for you Ghost, Next time I'll just keep my words to myself.

Call me what you will, But you damn well know I don't bash anyone on this forum other than 0x0161, and I want nothing but the best for each and every one of our forums members and I make that DAMN CLEAR in all my replies.

For whatever its worth, I do hope it works out for you though, I truly hope you can send me an Email in X amount of months and be, Sensei, You were wrong, You presumed everything was a joke and bashed the offer I was given, And I will be MORE than happy to apologize.

Sensei signing out....

That sounds like some shady ass sh*t^

I'm sure glad the office I'm working at isn't like that at all. I don't know how other Kirby offices do it, but for mine, we go in at 9:30AM, have a 1 hour meeting, and then do office work.

A) We DON'T go door to door. We are given appointments that customers/offices CALL US and ask for demonstrations because they've found out from someone else how well the product works.

B) I DON'T use my own vehicle, they take us to the appointments in a van. WE DON'T SOLICIT at the place I am working.

C) I am GUARENTEED to NEVER work past 7PM, NO MATTER WHAT. WRITTEN CONTRACT FROM THEM.

D) Our demonstrations (which we have been doing and learning for the last few days) only last 30 MINUTES. Maybe 2 minutes to first meet with them and small talk a little bit to break the ice.

E) Biggest and MOST importantly, I don't have to sell ANY products, and NO MATTER WHAT, I still get a 475$ check EVERY FRIDAY. If I DO sell one, I get commission anywhere between 500-1000$ (Depending on how badly the buyer gets screwed on the price by the sales manager I guess)

F) Going along with E, all I have to do is have 15 appointments (pre scheduled for me) a week. As long as they know I am doing the appointments and I call and let them know, they check each one off, and I get my check.

G) Out of state meetings? Thats complete BS.

H) Training un paid? BS. They give me a Kirby to take home tomorrow and Tuesday to practice with and basically show my friends and family. I get 10$ for each person I show. I brought in my appointment list with 13 scheduled appointments today, and I got 130$ CASH in hand THIS DAY. So don't give me that BS because you f*cks don't know what you are saying.

I) You don't have to work 7 days a week. THAT is BS too.

Sensei, I respect you and everything, but you mentioning that I am making 100,000$ a year was total BS just as much as half the sh*t I've been reading. All I said was I am being started at 475 a week NO MATTER WHAT without even selling a product, and that if I am not late for the first 30 days by even a minute, I get a 1,000$ sign-on bonus. I said there is a CHANCE of getting a management position if you show you are a hard worker and can learn the system quickly in 2-3 months.

YES, I was incorrect about the "paid vacations". I had the idea you could plan out whatever vacation you wanted anywhere or w/e and they payed for everything. That isn't the case. The top sellers get to go with the boss and managers and its to places like Las Vegas, Hawaii, Paris, etc. And you are given plane tickets, limo service anywhere, free food, free spa treatment, free room service, free everything except for if you do your own personal shopping. And yes, free drinks too ;P

You guys seriously make it out to be the devil's job based on the things people wrote on that site. And yeah, even I say the things I read on that site make me gag. It looks TERRRRIBLE. And if my job was ever anything like that, I would instantly quit the first day. ESPECIALLY if I was an employee like that guy described.

And there is a competition every month. Sell 5 kirby's, get a video camera or something. Sell 10, get a Laptop, and a nice one too :p, Sell 15, get an 8GB iphone and service plan included for a year, sell 20-30, and you get a free all expense payed for vacation to Vegas where all the "payed vacation" things apply, but this time its only you and another person, not every else.

So lets not be negative douchebags and think that just because there are some shady people in a company, that all of the distributors are shady. There are ass holes and shady people in EVERY AND ANY industry, and sensei, if you want to keep being a jerk to me about this, YES, especially cops. I've went over with you before on this. There are ALOT of great cops that wanna make the community better, and at the same time, there are ALOT of asshole cops that were the picked on nerds in school and are now cocky jerks to anyone they legally, and sometimes illegally, can be.

What I am trying to say is, just because there are d-bags that exist that work for a company, does NOT mean that everyone else that does is.

And DON'T believe all this BS you are reading. Well yeah, believe it, I believe all those story's too. But thats NOT how we do it at my office. And thats that.

neverwalk.jpg

LMAO that line sums up this whole thread really

"Roy of San Juan Bautista CA (02/20/08)
My 19 year old son applied for a job in the local paper. It read, 20-25 people needed for warehouse and assembly work, $1.600 monthly. He called and was told nothing about door to door cold sales, Kirby Vacuums or anything. He was set up with an appointment for an interview for the next day. I drove him down and in 15 minuets he was hired and was told to come back the next day for orientation. He was told about Kirby and this was not cold door to door sales. This was a preset appointments already set up.

He also signed a contract that was a bunch of goobaly goop. It turned out to be a contract saying he was a contractor for Kirby and he will be working independently. My son does not understand the legal part of being an outside contractor. He went to orientation and training and spent about 10 hrs on that. Then the next day went out for 12 hrs. door to door in not such a very nice neighborhood after dark. (9:00am to 9:00pm) And was left to go do this by himself. He called me in a panic at 7:30 pm scared because no one has picked him up yet after his rounds of door slamming. He had been waiting there for 1 1/2 hrs. I went to check on him and could not find him. Seeing the irresponsibility of the management of this company and how they treat people, I had him quit. A few days later he called his boss to ask if he could get paid for what he did. He Made 3 appointments and 2 call backs. He was told he was not going to be paid anything that he was a contractor. THIS IS CHEAP LABOR! To treat people like this. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM KIRBY!

My son desperately needed a job and was enthusiastic about it. He has bills to pay. And this WASTED TIME put him back further."

^That is basically my EXACT same story...

I am extremely pissed. I am doing my own appointments I made with my friends already (not going to actually do them, just gonna chill around for an hour and have them verify over the phone with my boss I am there) and collect my money. Then I'm done. I'll try it for a week, and hopefully get my 15 appointments, which I'm sure I'll be able to do. They don't even have to buy it. I'm extremely friendly and well mannered in person with people and I get people to be friends with me very easily, so I don't think I will have doors exactly slammed on me. But if it is how they described even the employees themselves, I am doing it for one week, getting my 15 done, and quiting. Then getting my 475$ check and BOUNCING out that muhhhhh.

I'm pretty pissed. But I have another business thats actually legit that does graphic design advertising in the local area of Central Florida/Florida, and I think I have an interview with them this week. So thats pretty good, plus its something I know is real, will pay good because it takes a craft, is fun, and dosen't take alot of work because it is actually fun :p

Anyways... I am disappointed in this, and I will just have to see how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom