Losing Disk Space

It is probably the auto back up Vista does every week or whatever it is set up, that can be very big.
QFT. This is the correct answer. Disable system restore as Vista creates them all the time and never deletes them. Either disable it altogether or limit it to say, 2.5GB. I'm on an XP machine ATM, so I'll tell you how to disable it in Vista when I can.

QFT. This is the correct answer. Disable system restore as Vista creates them all the time and never deletes them. Either disable it altogether or limit it to say, 2.5GB. I'm on an XP machine ATM, so I'll tell you how to disable it in Vista when I can.

Vista does delete them IF you reach it's limit. In disk cleanup you can delete all but the most recent restore point, that'll free you up some space.

It's actually an 80GB hard drive with Vista taking up the majority (about 55GB), and XP using the rest ;)

The problem was actually with the system restore. I disabled system restore, and when I refreshed the 'My Computer' page, I found that I had regained 9GB of disk space :eek:

Thanks a lot for the help guys, much appreciated :)

no his xp is on c drive and vista on d drive. read the first post

Have a look at the last post... (down below)

It's actually an 80GB hard drive with Vista taking up the majority (about 55GB), and XP using the rest ;)

The problem was actually with the system restore. I disabled system restore, and when I refreshed the 'My Computer' page, I found that I had regained 9GB of disk space :eek:

Thanks a lot for the help guys, much appreciated :)

Well at least the problem is not solved. :)

Back
Top Bottom