Losing Disk Space

bob1234

Solid State Member
Hi,

Just wondering about an observation that I've made over the past few days.

I've got Windows XP SP2 and Vista Home Premium SP1 installed as a dual boot, and I notice that when logging on Vista, I am losing disk space for some reason.

When I'm logged on under the XP partition (C Drive), I see that Vista (D Drive) has 29.1GB of free space. However, if I restart the computer and log on under Vista, somehow a large chunk of that disk space disappears, and when checking the D Drive, it tells me that it has only 20.4GB remaining of disk space.

I've tried running CCleaner when logged on under Vista, but that only finds about 10MB of stuff to clear.

It's no real problem for me, I was just wondering what might be causing this, whether it is just temporary files or not, or maybe something else.

Does anyone here know about this :)?

Edit: Just noticed that it actually starts off at 29.1GB free when I log onto Vista, but then it decreases as I use it. Right now, it has lost about 3GB in 30 minutes or so. I can understand that it will decrease due to temporary files, and other usage, but decreasing by this much does seem a bit odd to me...even on Vista.

As mentioned, I've already tried CCleaner, but it doesn't find much to clean, only about 10MB, and I've got all the cleaning options selected ;)

It is probably the auto back up Vista does every week or whatever it is set up, that can be very big.

Back
Top Bottom