Car Audio: Subwoofers & Amp

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
What do you recommend,

IMG00185.jpg

IMG00189.jpg

Power Acousitc 2 12" subs with 1000 watt amp and box and wiring for 150$.

Or,

Infinity 2 12" subs with 1000 watt amp and box and wiring for 200$.

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

I've been reading up on the Sound Acoustic ones, and I see alot of reviews about needing a very large amp for them to get loud, and also that the quality is not that great.

And I hear good things about the infinity's.

Or of course, 2 12" Kickers and a 1200W amp and box and wiring for 220$
100_4024.jpg

100_4021.jpg

What do you think?

Edit: Or if I was crazy, 2 JBL 15"'s for 100$. I still have to get a hefty amp for them though, ATLEAST 1500watts, and that would run me at least another 150$.
P2140083.jpg

P2140084.jpg

These are going in my trunk FACING my backseat of my 01' Altima:
100_0074.jpg

My cousin had a set of the infinity's they pounded pretty hard, sounded real good. The jbl's would be pretty crazy too.

Also you will find they will sound slightly better facing the rear of the car then facing the seats.
I currently have my sub lying on its back so it doesn't slide around to much so its facing up and i have noticed quite a difference in bass output from when in was facing the rear of the trunk, it doesn't seem like it is a loud as before and ive heard the same with having it facing the seats. Mine shall be back facing the rear as soon as i get something to hold the box in place lol. But thats my 2cents haha.

i'd say you get those kickers, and dont face them towards your backseat, it doesnt make it louder lol its meant to bouce back off the trunk or somethin. my bro has them and there pretty loud, mine are still alot alot louder but i payed alot more for my system haha

those JBL's are crazy dude, i have a kicker sitting in my closet right now and i've hooked it to my home stereo and damn it kicks (LOL KICKER :p)

Thank you. What setup do you have?

Im currently running a pretty simple setup. Single 12" MTX roadthunder sub and amp package. I only puts out about 300watts i believe but it still pounds pretty hard. And it was fairly cheap too. Not bad for a first setup.

i'd say you get those kickers, and dont face them towards your backseat, it doesnt make it louder lol its meant to bouce back off the trunk or somethin. my bro has them and there pretty loud, mine are still alot alot louder but i payed alot more for my system haha

What he said......

Your not meant to have them face into the car, the low frequencies are designed to reverberate back off the boot (trunk lol) if you face them inwards you have a higher potential to get distortion, and rattling.

lol yep yep, and dang... my system is soooooooo loud just like wow.... it shakes everything, when i say everything i mean everything lol my face teeth throat ears hair clothes body gives me a massage haha im running like i'd say 1400watt's rms in a 93 240sx (4000 watt amp 2000 rms and 2 pioneer premier 12's 1000 watt's each) i need another battery....... o yeah and by the way nice car looks good black on black

if you go with a custom built box made for competitions , the bass will make a difference. real audio junkies have plexiglass back winshields as to not shatter it.

i love the kind of bass that makes your heart go with the rhythm.

edit: i use to own a pair of 1000 watt Atomic speakers, they bumped..

it helps to to have a Optima battery.

Back
Top Bottom