Scary Computer Buzzing sound

jashan17

In Runtime
i was doing some wire management and i turned my computer on, suddenly i heard an awkward buzzing sound. its not from my fans, maybe my psu fan but not from my case fans. i heard it could also be the Hard drive? it sounds really scary, and the sound is coming from the psu if im not mistaken. Any Suggestions??? :(

EDIT: IT IS ALSO NOT LETTING ME TURN IT ON AT TIMES!! like it starts up for like a split second and turns off. im thinking its the psu. could it be the mobo though?

EDIT x2: SHOULD THERE BE AN ORANGE LIGHT ON ON MY MOTHERBOARD??? srry caps.
EDIT,,,: Theres a blue light without it on and when i turn on only a orange and blue light come on.
EDIT again: theres all the lights that should be on now. but its still buzzing, im scared to leave it on.

ok im rma'ing the power supply today.. thanks for your help...haha

I was asleep at the time you posted, I'll try to mind link with you so you can wake me next time you have a problem :D

I would suggest you go back over all the cable management you have done and check that all plugs are firmly seated in their sockets.

If that fails to stop the noise then strip your pc back to basics and attach one device at a time until you isolate what is causing the buzzing.

I find it hard to accept that some simple cable management would cause a working psu to malfunction unless there is something you haven't told us.

dont be scared to tell us you did something wrong. before on my old pc i fried the motherboard by overclocking my cpu without knowing how.

Back
Top Bottom