Relationships

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
So... Anyone have any idea why I feel like I'm doomed to be single for the rest of my life?

The other day, I try to ask this girl out. Ok, she was a pretty good friend of mine, I usually talked to her every day (still do, because shes one of the nicest girls I've ever met) but when I try to talk to her about it, she turns her back towards me and blows me off like I don't even exist. Makes you wonder why shes still my friend, but I'm not the kind of person who holds grudges against someone. I was told by one of her closest friends before I asked her out that she thought I was really funny and nice. You know.. I don't really care about her. At least I feel really good about trying to ask her out (she was really the first person I had approached in that manner), and I'm definitely not letting this get me down. I was depressed about it for about 5 seconds, and then I was back talking to my friends who actually gave a damn. My life is pretty happy right now, even though I'm single.

----Side thought----
This girl I wanted to ask out... We may be exact opposites personality wise (she's really outgoing and talkative, while I'm sorta laid back and don't speak much), we had a little bit in common. One day I was reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_War) which is a really old book about military strategies (a book sure to bore your average girl to death, not to mention scare a few because its about military strategy) she pulls it out of my hand and starts reading it herself. Now, that was enough to scare me... Turns out she actually likes that kind of stuff. She is a really beautiful girl, too. Not what your average guy would call hot, but looks definitely aren't everything. It just upsets me that a girl as nice as her could turn into a total bitch almost instantly.
---/End side thought----

But I feel like theres something missing from my life. I have lots of friends that love me to death and who are there for me whenever I need them, but I want something more. I want... someone.... I just feel like I'm missing out on a lot of life because I'm single. I hardly ever get out of the house because I'm on the computer. I really have nothing better to do. I don't really know how to explain my life, its a little complicated when you think about it. I just hate the feeling of waking up and realizing that, though I am happy, I feel really lonely on the inside. I'm sure most of you know the feeling of being alone, but you really aren't.

You know... I'm the kind of person who gets along with everyone. I can turn the biggest asshole in the school into someones best friend in a matter of minutes. I have saved the life of 2 of my friends (at least thats what they told me.. its kind of a long story, but it dealt with their relationship problems) I guess I should try to get out more. Try to be more social with other people instead of worrying about just one girl. Sounds too much like high school drama, doesn't it?

I don't know. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Yeah.. I knew someone would agree with the drama part. Maybe I should wait until after I graduate high school until I start dating? I don't think I can do that though. Theres not enough.... excitement.. in my life

My friends in psychology classes think I have some sort of disorder. Something about internal and external, and needing less of one and more of the other. Lets just say its the feeling you get after riding a really intense roller coaster (the euphoric feeling, not the **vomit all over the place** feeling)

It all depends on the kind of person you are. Honestly, I could give less of a crap about having a ton of friends, or even any friends at all, I'm normally a very to myself person.

But unless I have a girlfriend, then that's when I do start feeling a bit alone. But honestly, I'm at the point RIGHT NOW where I don't know if I'll have a home next week, but I still feel relatively happy just because I have a girl in my life.

It's all about your point of view and your priorities. I suggest just finding a significant other, there's tons of girls out there. =D

I don't know. I forgot to mention that I'm kinda picky when it comes to the opposite sex...

Ahh I see. That's where we're opposite.

I wouldn't say I have low standards, but I'm not very hard to please I guess. I just look for a genuinely nice girl.

Oddly enough, I've found some freaking great girls throughout the years, specifically my girlfriend right now.

Maybe that's the problem. Why're you so picky?

I don't know. I just have this huge fear of rejection, probably more than what most other people do. Hey, at least this time I bounced back almost instantly after being rejected this time.

I don't know how to explain my standards in the opposite sex.....

Well, I'm not too sure about that. I want someone with a great personality for starters. Someone who is interested in a few of the things I am. God, I would love to find a girl who loves computers. One who looked pretty good, though. I mean, looks aren't everything, but they need to look somewhat decent, you know? I wish I could find someone who didn't get freaked out by people thinking outside of the box. I have a lot of strange views on stuff like, say, the political world or the way this world is heading.

//sidetrack\\
I know one girl who I talk to every day. She looks great, has damn near the same views as I do about this world, loves the same type of music I do (classic rock.. you know, the stuff from the 60s and 70s) Unfortunately, shes taken.
//end sidetrack\\

Ehh... I just don't know anymore...

well, I used to want to have a girlfriend, but the more I think about it, I'm happy with just having female friends. and then my parents tell me I need to get a girlfriend...:rolleyes:....

Back
Top Bottom