How do you make 2 internal hard drives to work together?

DUDE MAN

In Runtime
I have two internal drives that I want to run them together. One is 500G and the other is 80G. Both are WD drives. How do you connect them so the 500G is the master and the other is slave? I have installed windows XP SP2 on both already. Somehow it didn't work when I hook them up together. Is there a specific way to do this? Do you have to do any configurations in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance for any help.:)

I have two internal drives that I want to run them together. One is 500G and the other is 80G. Both are WD drives. How do you connect them so the 500G is the master and the other is slave? I have installed windows XP SP2 on both already. Somehow it didn't work when I hook them up together. Is there a specific way to do this? Do you have to do any configurations in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance for any help.:)
Only one has to have an OS on it, that will be your master drive. In order to configure a drive to go to master, you need to set the jumpers on the back of the HDrives, to their respective settings (master, and slave, or cable select).

Cable select is used for newer motherboards, and it basically lets the motherboard decide which hard-drive to boot from. In order for this to work, set all drives on that channel to CS. Master/Slave should work fine for you though, there should be a diagram on the hard-drive that shows you the correct jumper locations for master or slave, if not look it up online.

Here is a link that might help you: http://www.ehow.com/video_6030_install-second-hard.html

-Jim

Back
Top Bottom