What we use, why we use it, and why we don't use the other.

Ok.

I use Windows XP PRO Corp. SP2 simply because it's what I was given when I brought my first set up nearly a year ago. For me it's slick and does what it should. I'll use Vista when there's no other choice.

I have downloaded a Linux OS but haven't set it up because I don't know to yet. Although when i'm ready I will install and be happy to learn the world of Linux.

I use FireFox as my main web browser. It's faster and slicker than IE. And I like the free add-ons that are available too. Thats my reason for using FireFox.

CoolEditPro is brilliant and it was free. It's excellent wave editor and mixing suite are well easy to use. Even though I have Cubase I don't feel the need to use it over CEP.

Reason 3 is fantastic and easy to use when you get the hang of things although a basic knowledge in electronics will make it easier to use. I don't use Logic because it's Mac only but would like to. From what i've seen it is pretty good.

My twin PSU set-up hasn't been criticised yet. I have a case big enough for 2 PSU's and I had one lying around doing nothing so I decided to power the Mobo with one and all the Drives with the other. I have benefited from a more stable overclock because of this. Nothing wrong with single PSU set ups but the twin will give me the power to water cool in the near future.

:)

I use Vista Business 64-bit, since I have Active Directory installed at home. Basically, I use Windows mainly for everything, just because most programs supports it. I have to give Hardy Heron a go, and see if they came with new emulators and support for the Q35 chipset.

Other than that, I don't mind any OS, as long as it works without hassle.

Back
Top Bottom