Overclocking~ Using nTune!

dakxxus

BSOD

what is safe? Im using a Nvidia Quadro Fx 4600 768mb
i play crysis, etc.. anything that is played, i play. just wondering what i should set everything to. Im looking to get a wee bit extra kick outta this thing.

also: should i do either of these??

Manual tune it yourself. Increase one clock at a time until you reach the maximum of each clock. Start with the core speed and increase in 25MHz increments testing stability by running Crysis each time, keep an eye on the temperature using Nvidia monitor. Once you have found the maximum stable clock, go on to the memory and repeat the same process.

Best answer, uninstall nTune then manually OC. From personal experience, and reports on EVGA's forums I can tell you that it will mess your system up. I kept having random BIOS mix-ups where every setting was inverted.

It doesn't mess your system up at all, I've had no problems with it, but Rivatuner is overall a better overclocking utility for GPUs. My main gripe with Ntune is it's inability to apply custom clocks at startup, meaning you have to re-enter overclocked settings, whereas Rivatuner has an option to apply new settings at startup.

Never tried it, and don't plan too. Auto-tuners have never been as effective as manual tuning.

Blah, ntune corrupted everything for me. Read up on the eVGA forums, it's a nightmare.

most of the write up I see on ntune is that it's a waste of time and screws up systems pretty bad, some people have no problem with it, but the majority of the write up online is negative...

just sayin'...

most of the write up I see on ntune is that it's a waste of time and screws up systems pretty bad, some people have no problem with it, but the majority of the write up online is negative...

just sayin'...

Heck, I wasn't even using it. I just installed it w/ my drivers. Needless to say, I had to do a fresh format/install to get rid of the problems.

If you search my thread here about only 1 core showing/operating, it was a direct result of having ntune installed.

Back
Top Bottom