CPU Max Temperatures

My Q6600 runs at 60c on two of the cores when running Prime95 @ 3.45GHz, temps can get as high as 70c @ 3.6GHz, that's why I'm hoping to get a better HSF or an E8400.

Not really, 60c is safe and 70c is Intel's specified max safe temperatures. So I'm not worried, just I need better cooling to push it further.

Not really, 60c is safe and 70c is Intel's specified max safe temperatures. So I'm not worried, just I need better cooling to push it further.

Mine are at just under or 40C load, not lapped. Q6600 @ 2.6 GHZ stock voltage.

I didnt want to mess with voltage much with my system.

So when i pushed the FSB to 1333 (3.0 GHZ) @ stock voltage. My system would fail one instance of Prime 95 after about 10 Mins.... so I kept pushing it down, 2.6 was where i ended..

B3 stepping BTW... what do you think about that worshipme?
What voltage are you pushing through your CPU?

My P5K is pencil modded so I don't need quite as much Vcore because Vdroop is non-existant on my board. I run 1.375V @ 3.4GHz and 1.4375V @ 3.6GHz, make sure you have the CPU PLL voltage set to 1.7V and CPU and PCI-E spread spectrum disabled. You might need to bump up the FSB termination and north bridge voltages a bit too if you increase the FSB speeds. I'd say you'd probably need about 1.325V to do 3.0GHz with a B3 but it also depends on your motherboard and what your Vdroop is like.

Are you guys using TjMax of 100°C in either Core Temp and or Real Temp?

I have gone back to my quad in this box.

3.2GHz @ 1.24375v 50-50-48-48 Prime95 Blend (best stability) ambient air temp 22°C

3.6GHz @1.4v 59-59-57-57 Prime85 Small FFT (hottest temps) ambient air temp 19°C

Looking at an X3360 next if I can squirrel away the $$$ without the Mrs noticing

:D

I am using a TjMax of 100c, just to be safe like you said. Why have you gone back to your quad BTW? And let me know how the E3110 does on the P5K.

I got sick and tired of the stuck temperature sensors on the E3110, nothing wrong with the cpu, it ran fine, just one of the numerous 45nm chips that have the sensor bug.

Using Real Temps sensor test I was only getting movement of ~3 so the reported temps bore no real resemblence to actual temps at stock clocks/low load usage which was just plain annoting, so being as it is a server chip I think I'll turn the P5K box into a file server. I'm sure I have a copy of server 2003 somewhere, might even give that a try.

The E3110 has been working in the P5K, I had to update the bios iirc (I'll check what it's running after work) but it is currently sitting idle awaiting a video card, my 9800GTX should be here this afternoon or early next week which will free up the 8800GTS 640MB currently in my pc to go into the P5K box, then she'll be up and running.

Back
Top Bottom