Who Banned Mr. Mixx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I'm more of a lurker than a poster..

Any rate this is to David:

When I moded/admined for a VB forum, for little over a year, you could change the usergroups, and the mods and how they worked.

So if a mod would be to get hacked, you could set it up to were the only thing they could do is just close all of the forums.

Its sounds like all of your mods have admin access which you can change.

I don't know if you knew that our not, but it could be a hack that the forum I was with was using or an ADD-on..

but you can definately change the propertys of your mods, so if a mod were to go nuts they really couldn't do a lot of damage.

hahahah 6 pages of this WOW.

Maybe someone should consider closing this thread. I understand people want to express there thoughts & feelings on the matter, but this just went 5 different directions.

^^ Exactly NOT the way to handle things. If you close a thread just like that, it's to run away from the problems.

Alright, my turn in this...David had the reflex of closing his account, just for security reasons, and that's more than understandable. Now, what I don't get, is why mods tends to hide the facts sometimes... I mean, David gave the reason, but the mods tend to have hidden the fact on this one. It's not like it was a bad thing. It turned out to be a bad joke, that's all, move along.

Now, Mixx needs to be unbanned...and if you (David) need to contact him, I've gave him a direction called Instant Messaging for a one-on-one convo, or just drop by CV. Else, I don't know where he is.

^ thats because only two mods and david knew what was going on...

sometimes you have to hide the facts until you actually know what the facts are though, more communication is needed between the mods...

First off, I'm more of a lurker than a poster..

Any rate this is to David:

When I moded/admined for a VB forum, for little over a year, you could change the usergroups, and the mods and how they worked.

So if a mod would be to get hacked, you could set it up to were the only thing they could do is just close all of the forums.

Its sounds like all of your mods have admin access which you can change.

I don't know if you knew that our not, but it could be a hack that the forum I was with was using or an ADD-on..

but you can definately change the propertys of your mods, so if a mod were to go nuts they really couldn't do a lot of damage.

Mod's don't have admin privileges, but can still do alot of damage on the forums (Ban users, move threads, edit posts, etc)

Mod's don't have admin privileges, but can still do alot of damage on the forums (Ban users, move threads, edit posts, etc)

then David needs to reset the usergroups of the moderators.

Where all you can do is close threads. Put a cuss word filter on the site, so mods don't have to edit them...and only make it so mods can ban users for a temp amount of time.

You can also make mods, full mods on specific forums..so you don't have 9000 mods with access to all of the forums to minimize the damage.

Also I'm sure david has a backup to the site, so even if someone went nuts, he could just reload it.

:D

True but I have seen threads locked because 'they look like they might turn into an argument'

^Exactly. At times (not all the time, and only in certain thread types) mods have closed or threatened to close a thread when members disagree or have an altercation over differences in opinion.

Besides, who doesn't love a good hot and fiery debate? The kind where no ones mother is spared. I know I sure do!:p

We need the level of access we have, we edit posts for many other things besides swearing.

We need perm ban access to ban the spammers.

We only have a few mods, having a section with less mods than it has now would not work out great here.

We need the level of access we have, we edit posts for many other things besides swearing.

We need perm ban access to ban the spammers.

We only have a few mods, having a section with less mods than it has now would not work out great here.

thats up for David to decide.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom