Who Banned Mr. Mixx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;790431 said:
This forum is a joke anymore. I'm really considering just deleting my CF bookmark and logging out for a while. I'll miss some of the members but I think its time I find a more mature forum.

Not saying there are not mature people on this forum but a forum with less rules and a older audience.

This forum feels like its targeted at a 13-17 year old demographic. I'm getting sick of censoring myself and not being able to speak my true thoughts on a subject without a thread getting locked because a flame war.

Flame wars are fun and should be allowed to a degree IMO since it becomes a battle of the wits and can make for some interesting responses and or photo's.

ur right

Reminds me of why I left a while ago. It's not a big deal if you leave or stay, it's just an internet forum. There are others too.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;790431 said:
Flame wars are fun and should be allowed to a degree IMO since it becomes a battle of the wits and can make for some interesting responses and or photo's.

I agree. This forum is never more active than when there is a mini flame war happening

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;790431 said:

flame wars no, but debates yes.. its the fine line when it changes from one to the other that becomes the problem.. as soon as personal things start getting bought into it, rather than facts it needs to be locked.

True but I have seen threads locked because 'they look like they might turn into an argument'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis
Oh emmm geee! Banned from the intratubes!

Whoever did this:

retardjj6.jpg

At least somebody has a sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm
^^Not a good time to joke around like that man.

Dude... lighten up.
ROFL! Wow,I Would have to agree with other members,this forums IS becoming retarded.

Im Just waiting to get a pm from someone about boycott V2 :D lol.

battle of wits = fun
trading of insults is just a bit crap though really.

debates are allowed, advised and encouraged, I like debated, we've have some good ones over the years i've been here,

and the debate threads are a lot more interesting that threads like this.

His account was TEMPORARILY banned because he was hacked, and obviously if someone has access to a mod account then things can go ugly.

I need to get hold of mixx to resolve it but I believe the hacker has changed the email associated with his account so perhaps setishock could forward me a trusted address to resolve this situation.

Well, if that is the case, Mixx knows your MSN, as I gave him, so that could be a proper one-on-one communication...other than that, CV is the other...and it's a trusted site.

personally i think david did the right thing for himself and all his members,

mixx as a mod i dont think it was very smart to PM other mods pretending to be a hacked account (from what i gather)

david heard about his and clearly thought a hacked mod account is an extremely serious threat to the forum, im not sure what the priveledges are on the mod accounts but it could include delete peoples posts for no reason banning members for no reason etc etc.

david i respect what you have done and mixx i have nothing against you but it wasnt the brightest idea ever.

Wow look at the can of worms I opened up.

Looking at it from a mod/admin/owner side, you sometimes have to error on the side of caution like David did. When you feel or know for a fact that some thing has gone horribly wrong you lock out those involved just in case it was for real malicious. Even if it was a prank, you don't know that at that time.

In either case you have to also remain elusive to the members. For all you know the perp may be a member and is sitting back to watch the show. As much as you can you want to keep from tipping off this person you're on to them. Or are suspicious of them. You need to be tactful with your members with phrases like "It's a database error, we're working on it". In the mean time you're doing your admin thing getting to the bottom of what happened and how to resolve it. After the dust settles you go back and explain what happened and why you responded like you did. Some may not care for your methods but a lot will. It's your forum. You paid for it. You maintain it. So it gets done your way.

The mods and members have to remain vigilant for things like what I suggested could happen. Members alert the mods and the mods do what they can. If and when it goes beyond their scope of powers they alert the admin or owner.
We, at our respective forums, will handle it from there.

Overall I give David an A for how he handled it on his end.
Not all of the mods responses were good but then not all were bad. I give them a B.

Oh and I'm not going to ask where celegorm got his known good contact info. If it came from my place in this case it was necessary. No harm, No foul. Celegorm just beat me to the punch when David asked for a contact.
Sometimes we set aside the competing forums stance to work toward a common goal. Like spammers, hackers, and other known bad occurances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom