Check this......

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I rearended a pickup truck on Friday.....
carpic1.jpg

carpic2.jpg

carpic3.jpg

carpic4.jpg

It's fixable, I just hope the insurance company thinks so too, it is a 97 Lumina with 120,000+ miles on it, the airbags didn't deploy. I can't afford to get a new car if they do total it.

Any engine damage? I'd say the radiator is smashed pretty good, other than that, I wouldn't know. I would say they would have to completely replace the hood, and of course the light fixture. Not sure how rare the Lumina is, but it might be a pretty hefty fix.

A tree smashing in the cab on a 1999 Ford F-150 Pickup costs 5 grand to fix. Don't think yours will cost that much. Keep in mind, though, your insurance will go up regardless.

I say its fixable... If the insurance totals it, though, just get a salvage title and fix it yourself.

Any engine damage? I'd say the radiator is smashed pretty good, other than that, I wouldn't know. I would say they would have to completely replace the hood, and of course the light fixture. Not sure how rare the Lumina is, but it might be a pretty hefty fix.

A tree smashing in the cab on a 1999 Ford F-150 Pickup costs 5 grand to fix. Don't think yours will cost that much. Keep in mind, though, your insurance will go up regardless.

I say its fixable... If the insurance totals it, though, just get a salvage title and fix it yourself.
No, the radiator isn't smashed, it sits further back and Lumina's are a dime a dozen around here. No engine damage, the car is driveable, it's just sheetmetal damage to the hood and the hood latch assembly and everything in that area.

My insurance better not go up, this is my first accident, plus I have health insurance with the same company, I'm kicking almost $230 a month to them. If it goes up, I'll drop them so fast your head will spin.

Following too close you were young Jedi?

If the damage is any where near $1500 or more, they will more than likely "total" the car. They are worth around 1600 - $1900 in average condition. Good luck. :D

Following too close you were young Jedi?

If the damage is any where near $1500 or more, they will more than likely "total" the car. They are worth around 1600 - $1900 in average condition. Good luck. :D
Well, the truck was merging into the left lane from the turning lane and I was merging from the right lane to the left lane. Mix that with me not paying attention and a little sun in my eyes.......Just gotta learn to pay attention the whole time.

Total is usually 3/4 of Blue Book value, if I remember correctly.

Mark pretty much got all that needed to be replaced, but the front bumper might be salvageable if you don't mind a little damage showing....... Took me a while to remember that in the UK, the hood is referred to as the bonnet....

Hopefully your insurance deems it fixable, it looks like a nice car from the pics.

As for the insurance, I don't know if it will go up or not. It all depends on if the other driver claims fault or not. Even then, there might be a small increase, but again, I don't know how all insurance companies work.

If nothing is messed up inside I don't see why you can't fix it... If you don't mind what the car looks like and you are ok with replacing stuff yourself, you might try picking up stuff from a junkyard if the insurance totals it. It will be cheaper that way. You just may not get the same color hood again...

Deer hit me last week and took out my fender. My dad picked up a fender from a junkyard and we replaced it in the garage. Cost $30 for the fender and the time to replace it. Plus another $20 for a mirror as well since the deer took that too. The only problem is that now I got a light blue fender on a dark blue car...lol. It's just if you mind that it will cost you more. My car is already all beat up so what's a different color fender?

I just got the estimate today, $1700 bucks damage, less my $500 deductible it's around $1200 bucks. All I care about is that they aren't going to total it....:D

Back
Top Bottom