Who Banned Mr. Mixx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm. this reminds me of the titanic. all the little people are left aimlessly wondering, and all the rich and famous people are in their cushty life boats
... hmm :p

c'mon guys, its been said it was an error and will be rectified once David learns of it.

Let it go, hell we already have one ban over this topic, Mr Mixx obviously isn't too worried or he would have made a second account to ask questions.

It really is a storm in a teacup

His account was TEMPORARILY banned because he was hacked, and obviously if someone has access to a mod account then things can go ugly.

I need to get hold of mixx to resolve it but I believe the hacker has changed the email associated with his account so perhaps setishock could forward me a trusted address to resolve this situation.

how comes there was no change in IP's?

and how comes (that username in the PM) hasnt been banned...

from what the others have said there was no hacking, just a joke gone wrong..

ok now it just sounds random and pretty unorganised it.... lets get our mixx back!

how comes there was no change in IP's?

and how comes (that username in the PM) hasnt been banned...

from what the others have said there was no hacking, just a joke gone wrong..

There was a mention of a joke but I though it rather out of character for mixx, a long standing member and someone whom I get on very well with, to pretend that his account was hacked (as suggested by the pm he sent out). At this point I was not aware of any joke so I temporarily blocked his access untill I could contact him and get the situation resolved.

Whenever there is a slight change that a mod account has been comprimised I always stay on the cautious side rather and disabled the account for ~ a day rather that to wake up one morning and I find every single member banned, threads moved and the forum in chaios.

surley if he had been hacked the IP's would indicate so though, a check of this woulda proved either way..

surley if he had been hacked the IP's would indicate so though, a check of this woulda proved either way..

Its all very well saying he wasn't hacked when he was come out and said it himself and the other members who were in on it have confirmed it.

If there is any doubt in my mind then I will be cautious about the security of a mods account.

Obviously mixx wasn't hacked and he didn't do anything wrong, it turns out it was just a simple joke, but the joke was to pretend that his account was hacked. I was not clear on what was actually happening decided to take the action I did just to be cautious.

I don't want to blame mixx for what has happened as it was only a joke that has since turned bad and the whole thing has just blown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom