Grand Theft Auto Controversy

Jack Thompson is an asshole. Those games aren't made for children. Children should not be playing them, and parents should not be buying the games for their children.

But there are mature underage people who CAN handle such a game (like me) and i've played like most of the REALLY violent games and i've watched soooo many really violent movies, including real deaths/beheadings of people, and i still havent killed anyone...yet...

Blaming the video game is taking the easy way out and Tool-bag Thompson gets free publicity from being a douche. Not much else to say here.

I don't even want to begin ranting on this douche bag. The most simple response should be but what about all the damn movies out there that depict violence, swearing, hookers, drugs etc.

Yes those are alright because no children can possibly get a hold of there parents DVD or sneek into the theater to watch the flick.

I mean come on what does this guy want. They made a announcement at the store that they will card everyone that looked younger than like 28 or something. If someones kid gets a hold of the game and they start playing it and there parents are unaware thats the parents fault and maybe they shouldn't have children.

I know when the first GTA that was released for the PS1 was released game stop made a big deal over it because it was shortly after the ratings system came in. My dad was with me at that time as I was only like 14 or maybe 15. He let me get the game and didn't have any problems with it. He also let me watch whatever I wanted as far as movies. But he also made sure I know the difference from reality and video game and or movies.

Gosh would you believe that I grew up playing and watching violent movies and I never shot anyone. A game like this is just a novelty item that you can use to act out what you see in the cinema. Nothing more and if that jackass thinks because you can walk up to a cop and blow his head off in this game is going to make someone do that in real life thats just a giant scapegoat IMO.

10/1 says if this guy has children he is completely sheltering them and they will grow up to be exactly what he's trying to prevent. You don't hide children from the facts of life or ignore it when they ask you about something you need to educate them so they can decipher right from wrong.

Actually your wrong, it can easily provoke kids to do stupid things, are you mad?

Of course this should not be banned but it can still make people do things they should'nt, people just got a sick reaction of it, not everyones the same man and everyone does their own thing.

Anyone can react of any game, it should'nt be banned no but anyway theirs my say

Back
Top Bottom