Help me out--- new computer build

it means the gpu isnt seated right. but it is.

ok, i reseated the gpu and ran the power to it without an adapter, straight from the power supply..idk why i had the adapter on anyways, and it still shows no signal. no high pitched noise, but no signal.

just a hunch. pull out that battery on ur mobo and keep it out for like 10 seconds then put it back in and retry. and if no go. then try using just one stick of memory with all of ur memory

i did the battery thing, nothing new happened. still no signal. interesting to note the dvd drive wont open and the hdd doesnt spin. but the psu is good, i tried it in a different computer. and i know the drives are good, i used them earlier today. didnt do the memory thing, im starting to think i got a defective mobo?

newegg. is that the cause of the drives not spinning? i dont know too much about the stuff but the motherboard has to be getting power in order for the hdd & dvd drives to function?

even if your drives do not spin the moniter should show something.
i had this problem i took it all out and relized i had a mobo standoff that was touching the mobo in a naughty place. i would check for that then look into the drives not spinning(so you could rma the right stuff).

actually to think of it. ur drives should spin whether ur mobo works or not, so i would say ur PSU is faulty, u got another one layin around?

and u said that the GFX card worked fine on another comp and ur drives so id say ur PSU is DOA

I am in the process of building my own computer (1st timer :) ) & one of the things I forgot to do is plug in the 8 or 4 pin (depends on the psu) connector to the mobo. I think someone already suggested that, but check again if u have 2 connectors from psu connected to the mobo a 24pin & the 8 or 4 pin connector :D Also make sure u have sata cable connected to the hdd hehehe

I am 99.9% sure its your CPU, if no signal is showing then i must say the cpu ain't got enough power or its faulty to even run your cmos so to think bout it theirs a few things you can try.
Take all the pc apart slow and back togther slow once again, then once you have done that, you can flash your bios and try that, if not try changing the cpu with another one

Back
Top Bottom