Getting a car, can't decide

Manuel is fun for spirited driving. May get annoying on long trips or in stop and good traffic. If you learn how to drive incorrectly you may end up costing yourself some unwanted $$$ to pay when you need your clutch replaced. Auto is ok, as long as it isn't a *cheap* car. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

EXAMPLE: MK3 Volkswagens ( 1993- 1999 ) AUTO trannies, are known to be extremely weak, and are almost guaranteed to break.... literally

Honda's have a very good reputation as beaters that you never have to fix. They are very good at taking a good beating and not need repairs too often.

what the hell is a beater ?

Beater: noun.
1: a crappy car. Also known as a hooptie, clunker, s***box, jalopy or rustbucket
2: a person who touches themselves to an extreme.

But I don't know, JogaBonito. It's all a matter of personal preference really. I can drive both, I grew up driving stick shifts on the farm but now as I'm driving more for leisure than work....I like an automatic transmission myself, because honestly changing gears gets really old really fast (driving a stick in heavy traffic = no fun, and good god do "roll backs" suck).

It's all a matter of what kind of car/truck your looking at getting...

-If you plan on having a tuner or any kind of sport car then you can get more performance out of a manual (ie, if you are into street/drag races.) then manual is the way to go because you can harness the extra mojo between gears and shift at optimum rpm's.

-If you are looking into getting a small truck manuals are nice to have (especially if you ride dirt roads alot or do any off roading).

But if you just plan on getting a small car and not doing any of the above then automatics are nice, when you are driving in stop and go traffic or live in an area where every red light/stop sign is located on a hill you will love the automatic transmission:p

Whether you go auto or stick just remember to stay on top of your cars maintenance needs, a little extra time making sure the oil is changed, the tires are properly inflated and that everything is in working order will really save you alot of heartache and money and make sure you can enjoy your vehicle for years to come;)

Back
Top Bottom