bad timing for computer screw up

Cool, thanks everybody.

As a thought, does anyone think that this is the work of a virus or worm? If it is, then I guess I complete format would fix that, no?

A complete format will fix any problem 99% of the time, but I think we can try helping you solve it without going that far.

Alright, in that case, Ill have to wait a bit in order to try out some things.

Ill run in safe mode and defrag when I get home, and if it works then Ill be able to post that. If not, then Ill have to run over to a working computer to complain for more help :p

It could be as simple as your Internet Service Provider running slow in your location today.
Try again tommorow before doing anything drastic :)

sometimes with my isp, (bt) i have to restart my router (they supplied me the home hub) when the service goes slow all of a sudden

My compute's being really wonky, I had to try 6 or 7 times to get here.

I defragged, and it worked right after that, but I just turned it on now and its the same problem. Im getting malware and antivirus popups so Im guessing some viruses have found there way onto my computer.

Guess I gotta format, unless someone has anymore suggestions.

no don't format, try overwriting your reg with a brand new default one, what version of windows have you got?

i don't want you to hurt your harddrive, just think, that guys been around for sometime and he'll cry if you format him, every harddrive has to have its life, please don't please sir

:) what ever floats ya boat

Hm...I formatted my computer bout a week ago, and everything was just dandy.

Then, yesterday, the same problem popped up :(

Im writing from school right now, but I dont know what to do now. Ill format again, but wipe my drive entirely, which I didnt do last time

Thats what you get for buying from MDG. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom