A RAM voltage question

you could save money on that cpu and gpu and buy a new mobo...if you want.

thats true also, but it's ok, a new cpu/gpu is pretty much half a computer

+ a new ram kit is probably what I need since this no name brand crap ram doesn't work in dual channel...

and the difference between 5-5-5-15 and 4-4-4-12 timings

Standard DDR2 modules run at 1.8V, your mobo's BIOS will adjust the voltage automatically to correspond with your new RAM specs.
Your motherboard can run that RAM fine.

Yes, my P5K also says in the specs: "four 1.8V DDR2 DIMMs", and it auto adjusted my Corsair XMS2 to 2.1V fine.

I think the "only" is referring to DDR2 and not the voltage. Maybe you should contact Intel first just to be 100% certain though.

Yes, my P5K also says in the specs: "four 1.8V DDR2 DIMMs", and it auto adjusted my Corsair XMS2 to 2.1V fine.

I think the "only" is referring to DDR2 and not the voltage. Maybe you should contact Intel first just to be 100% certain though.

I did actually...and they said only 1.8v...and then they tried to sell me stuff...

It says underneath the DIMM specs in the PDF that the RAM will be configured to the SPD profile, so as long as the RAM you are buying has SPD profiles, then it will auto-configure. Even if is really only 1.8V, the RAM will just run slightly slower with looser timings.

Back
Top Bottom