HELP ME!! BIOS Memory Setting Changed Three Beeps no Boot

RoadHog285

Solid State Member
Hello everyone. I have really messed up this time.:( I changed my BIOS setting from automatic to manual aggressive. Now I have two 2GB memory and two 1GB memories. The computer can handle up to 8GB.
The problem is I changed the setting and now can not get back to the BIOS menu to change it back. I tried the jumper to reset. I tried to remove the battery. I tried buying new memory cards. And no matter what I do I get the same three beeps.
I can not figure out how to reset the BIOS to default. Intel does not seem to have a clue. Gateway is stupid they think I don't now how to put the cards in and that is the only thing that could be wrong (They really piss me off):mad: . I have read some things about people having problems with other mother boards that don't have jumpers. Has anyone had trouble like this with a D975XLAG1 Motherboard:confused: ? If so what do I do? Or if not does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to replace the mother board if it is not necessary.
The Computer is a FX510

Please help if you can!

Have you tried to boot with just one stick in? just to see if it will g to the post screen so you can hit f2 OR delete to access the bios?

1\cut off electrical source.
2\let you pc "least", only one memory cards \cpu\display card.remove the other cards\hard disk\dvd-rom and ......
3\ Pull out the CMOS battery, leave it out for 10 minutes or so. ,in fact 10 sec. enough. 10minutes ,best.

\if you hit f2 ,the PC can not access the bios all the same,i
think the bios was destroyed.

if you turn on the pc, it has a action to read the floppy disk,then,you have a chance repair the bios. but my English
is so pool, i have no way to spell out。

i have the same mother boards with you .if you can read Chinese.....

Intel把BIOS系统中最重要的启动信息保存在Boot Block中  Boot Block引导块支持ISA协议的显卡和软驱,并且可以执行引导软盘上的AUTOEXEC.BAT文件,所以可以利用引导块将一个破坏的BIOS芯片恢复。判断Boot Block块是否被破坏的一个重要依据是:在系统启动时,观察软驱是否有自检的动作(软驱灯是否亮,以及是否听见软驱马达转动的声音),如果软驱有动作,并且当软驱灯熄灭后敲回车键,软驱再次产生读盘的动作,那么,就可以基本判定Boot Block块没有损坏。具体修复时,我们可以采用老式的ISA显卡,但现在找一块ISA显卡比找同型号的BIOS还难,所以,一般可以采用“盲操作”法,借助AUTOEXEC.BAT文件自动完成BIOS的恢复工作。以AWARD的BIOS为例,具体步骤如下: 

1.在另一台电脑上格式化一张系统盘  
 2.把BIOS刷新程序AWDFLASH.EXE和BIOS数据文件拷到系统盘上。  

3.在系统盘中建立AUTOEXEC.BAT文件,其内容为: 

AWDFLASH XXX.BIN /Py/Sb/Sn/Cd/Cp 
 XXX.BIN是你的BIOS数据文件 

将做好的启动盘插入机器后重新启动,系统会“自动”地更新BIOS,你可以发现软驱的电源灯亮,有读盘的动作,等数分钟后再重新启动,如果没问题的话,系统已恢复正常了。

Back
Top Bottom