low tech red neck needs help

JORYLEE76

Baseband Member
I've been trying to find a good and true way to convert my dvd's to a .wmv format for back up and storage on my external hard drive. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this. What soft ware do I need, can I down load them for free, or do i need to buy something. Any help would be a big help.

Thanks.
L.T.R.N.:eek:

anydvd and clone dvd :D
edit : soz thats for backing them up onto a disk , not sure about wmv

anydvd and clone dvd :D
edit : soz thats for backing them up onto a disk , not sure about wmv

I did by some software that I thought would "down size" them for storeage and back up, but each of the dvd's are taking up around 4 or so gigs each. thats way to much space to be using.

for some of them i can get windows movie maker to convert them for me, but others have some kind of coding that makes windows movie maker think that the movie is over 24 hours long and wont accept the file. So far thats what I'm up against.
:confused:

I did by some software that I thought would "down size" them for storeage and back up, but each of the dvd's are taking up around 4 or so gigs each. thats way to much space to be using.

for some of them i can get windows movie maker to convert them for me, but others have some kind of coding that makes windows movie maker think that the movie is over 24 hours long and wont accept the file. So far thats what I'm up against.
:confused:

try Total Video Converter, I had some college football games on disc (actually, each game was 2 discs) and converted them to avi files on my hard drive, it usually converts a 4.7GB dvd formatted disc to about a 700-800MB avi file depending on the quality you want, plus you can also convert it to other formats, avi, divx, xvid, h264, etc...

try Total Video Converter, I had some college football games on disc (actually, each game was 2 discs) and converted them to avi files on my hard drive, it usually converts a 4.7GB dvd formatted disc to about a 700-800MB avi file depending on the quality you want, plus you can also convert it to other formats, avi, divx, xvid, h264, etc...

Thats great. is that something i can download from a shareware or will i need to buy that from a store?

Thats great. is that something i can download from a shareware or will i need to buy that from a store?

actually, I mucked up, I've had TVC on the brain lately trying to convert some files (it isn't going well), I meant to say DVDFab, that's the program I used, my bad...

just google DVDFab, they may even have a trial out there so you can test it out first to see if you want to buy it...

actually, I mucked up, I've had TVC on the brain lately trying to convert some files (it isn't going well), I meant to say DVDFab, that's the program I used, my bad...

just google DVDFab, they may even have a trial out there so you can test it out first to see if you want to buy it...

thanks ill look it up and check it out.

Back
Top Bottom