why does internet have to cost so much??

Hmm...you might want to research the right router though. Most home networking routers have a pretty short range...you might detect it, but it might not be close enough to transmit data. My Netgear router has a wireless range of about 100ft. but the range of actual data transfer is less than half of that.

Or another solution is to have your sister get a Linksys router and have her buy the Hi-Gain antennas to see if the range gets extended enough.

hmm, i dunno, my mom told me they dont let us get 3meg since we dont have tv with them, tommorow im gonna have to give them a call about that....

Your cable company won't let you get internet cause you don't have a TV service activated with them?

Hmm...you might want to research the right router though. Most home networking routers have a pretty short range...you might detect it, but it might not be close enough to transmit data. My Netgear router has a wireless range of about 100ft. but the range of actual data transfer is less than half of that.

Or another solution is to have your sister get a Linksys router and have her buy the Hi-Gain antennas to see if the range gets extended enough.

You must have the crappest router on planet, my wireless can reach well far, I mean like a 3min walk away from the house and you'll see my connection.

Im on 20mb broadband from Virgin AkA Telewest (uk company), we pay for the XL package in everything apart from phone because I speak to my ex to much on mobile and it cost to much, but anyway are internet is freakin shit hot

You must have the crappest router on planet, my wireless can reach well far, I mean like a 3min walk away from the house and you'll see my connection.

Im on 20mb broadband from Virgin AkA Telewest (uk company), we pay for the XL package in everything apart from phone because I speak to my ex to much on mobile and it cost to much, but anyway are internet is freakin shit hot

There is a difference between getting a connection and actually being able to transfer data through that connection. For mine I can get a connection from a good distance, but being able to browse the internet, download things etc without waiting for my hair to turn grey doesn't work after I pass a certain distance.

What rouer do you have?

infact, I know what your on about yes I can download and do that ive sat at the bus stop with my laptop being connected to my connection still being able to browse, but mind you my laptop is wireless n and my router is netgear, dont know, white n that looks nice, I can take a pic here:

I have'nt moves the phone their to look cool, its shit anyway and the usb wdhas been their ages so dont think I have juskt moved them their to look cool but this is my setups:

O btw I need new desk n cleaning up I know ill be getting that cleaning done this week, dont know about desk tho lol:

http://i32.tinypic.com/2igkvwl.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2cx7xw6.jpg

Lucky you. I wish I could afford a Wireless N router. They're so expensive even for a draft standard.

Oh and mind you, 802.11n routers do have about double the range and can transfer data back and forth a lot faster than 802.11g. Man...technology moves fast. Now I can't wait to see what WiMAX is capable of.

alvino thats when i stpped n thought well maybe your on g, i totally forget about all this wireless its new. but i bought me some sony wireless headphones and their sexy thats all i can handle for wireless until the furture brings me the knowlege lol

Lucky you. I wish I could afford a Wireless N router. They're so expensive even for a draft standard.

Oh and mind you, 802.11n routers do have about double the range and can transfer data back and forth a lot faster than 802.11g. Man...technology moves fast. Now I can't wait to see what WiMAX is capable of.

why man? just buy a laptop mine cost me 360pound, not so dear if you have a job, although dear if your a studient.

but look, ive had it for a month and look at the brokend key letter lol

Back
Top Bottom