Shutting down computer with storms important?

superman22x

Golden Master
Its thundering out, should I turn my computer off? idk, some people say too, just wondering if its important or not?

You probably should, do you have a surge protector on the power cord? I would turn it off.

YES! I have had an old PC destroyed by a power surge, definitely make sure you unplug it from the socket and not just turn it off.

if you recon you will get a powercut and do not have a surge protector then its best to turn it off. although before i got one i was always ok, but theres still a bit of a risk you could damage youre pc. its up to you

Yeah, if you dont have a quality surge protector, I would definitely turn it off. If you have a surge protector, you are at least somewhat safe but not 100%

Well, I have a surge protector, and all, but storms over now. I went downstairs to eat, and then left, forgot to come back upstairs and turn it off, lol. It's all good though. Storm only lasted an hour or so.

you should turn it off. I always advise people they should...................BUT I never do :D

You should turn it off even if it's on a surge protector as it does NOT protect against damages from a sudden powerloss that can happen in some storms. The only way I would keep it on is if you have a battery-backup on the system with AVR.

Back
Top Bottom