low mic volume

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
for some reason the volume of my mic is extremly low, if i were to scream in it it wouldent even make the bar go up to 75%! i have it all the way up and i have the boost on it also. im not quite sure what it could be (why im asking you guys =D) and its done it on my last 3 microphones. my sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy SE.

Maybe the sound card has gone bad? Have you checked that it's seated correctly? Well, I don't know if it would make a difference...Also, is the mic plugged in well?

yeah see ive thought it was that, this is my 2nd card, so this ones actualy quite new, im just clueless on why the mic volume is so low, people on ventrillo have to turn me up 800% haha my old one was the exact same card just thought it was going out but turns out now i put it in another comp and it works fine. but it has to do with something on this.... im thinking about buying a new headset to see if that works

try plugging the mic into the integrated sound card on the mobo.

Though if you have tried 3 different mics and 2 different sound cards then I don't know if it can be anything hardware related.

Also go to control panel -> sounds & audio devices -> audio -> sound recording -> volume and make sure that you have selected microphone instead of line in.

yeah its microphone, and i have it on secronized with control panel i belive? i'd rather just keep my motherboard sound but it gives me 2 choices, 5.1 and no mic or 2.1 and mic... i need my 5.1 for gaming so you know what i choose haha but its HD sound, is that good for integrated?

What kind of mic?

one off my LTB headset, right now its a phillips and i think i had a alltec something like that also... but its been 3 different ones that are all different brands so im not sure how it keeps doing this to me!!!

Back
Top Bottom