netboot

how do i install an OS via a network? (my laptop has no CD-ROM and no USB bootability, PXE and netboot is the only way), so how do i do it?

im installing xubuntu linux, so what do i do HARDWARE wise?

I have a belkin router, the laptop, and my desktop. what do i plug into what, and which jacks? and how do i program the DHCP stuff (i'm a noob i dont know server things)

where do i find the netboot image for the latest version of Xubuntu? (hardy) i cant find it anywhere. The ubuntu page that helps with netboot situations only gives links to the hoary and breezy images

also, it doesnt tell me how im gonna use my router to connect PC's

It is entirely possible that the people at Ubuntu, haven't added the image for Hardy. Hardy just came out a couple of days ago, so give them a little time, it will be added.

Cheers!

is it possible to convert a normal image to a netboot image? honestly i dont see anything that says Netboot anywhere, and the ONE page that has "netboot" images was last updated in like 2006 and those images are MAD OLD and it doesnt look like they're uploading anything new anytime soon

please, if anyone has a link, please give! to an xubuntu 8.04 image, and some directions on how to turn it into netboot or how to do what/whatever/whatnot

i'd appreciate it greatly
i'm a noob and i'm annoying, i know, im sorry. but this means a lot to me

Back
Top Bottom