Had a slight issue today...

In NZ they go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb because their name goes on the inspection certificate, therefore if there is an accident caused by a faulty vehicle that has been inspected and passed it's "in the shit bigtime" for the inspection garage. These inspections are required every 6 months.

thats a seat leon, 1.9TDi

i was like holy sh!t when i opened the bonnet.. made a hell of alot of noise, so i knew it wasnt good.. wasnt expecting that though lol

dam dude, that's gotta suck big time, yeah i have never seen a car like that before either..

Sucks. And I've seen that car before, but not in person. It's because I'm such a car aficionado. :D

I saw the first picture and knew what was up. That's something I could fix myself, but that doesn't make it any more of a fun experience.

Quite the "Master of Understatement" aren't you :D

Farking bad luck there mate, surprised a vehicle inspection didn't pick that up. (assuming you have regular inspections there)

we have MOT's every year, and this was MOT'd in january when i bought the car.. im suprised it didnt pick it up.. the RAC guy said that one of the bolts had been broken for a long time, most probably longer than ive had the car.. so my engine was being held up by one bolt... it was just a matter of time... its not someting i can fix myself at the roadside with no tools and no jack ;). ive taken it to the garage mainly so that they can check the drive shaft and gearbox (which the engine landed on) for damage which needs to be sorted..

FWD, and yeah, im glad it didnt happen at high speeds... had just come off the motorway when it happened

i was driving to my last day of lifeguard training, and my wheel fell of on the highway. turn out when i got my new tires, the garage ppl forgot to tighten all the screws as tight as possible.

you umm.. have the garage people change the tires? And they can't do it properly!? How much did you pay them? :D

So you don't really have a driveshaft then... I bet those axles were screaming. lol

Dude, yesterday I was at a park with my friend. He was practicing stick cause he just got a new old car lol. Well, he tried to put it into 3rd at 35mph then slowed down and tried to down shift. Next thing you know we hear this thing hitting the ground, he stops, and we see this circular piece rolling in front of us. It was the piece that runs the engine, power steering, and air conditioning. The steering wheel was really hard to turn because it wasn't powered, then he locked it by accident. The car wouldn't start and we didn't know how to unlock. Then we were there for like 2 hours. 3 people stopped by and said we had to toe it. His dad came and made it so it was able to run. He drove home with the piece in the trunk. He's going to send to a shop this weekend.

Same thing happened to my car its called the tensioner pulley
iot connects power steering alternator etc etc it sucks but its like $30 to fix :)

that sucks about your car thorpe good luck dude

Back
Top Bottom