The truth about marijuana...

My motto? Everything in moderation. Too much of anything is bad for you.

Granted, I've never smoked weed but I have friends who have..it's their lives, not mine. Personally I try not to smoke, every now and again I'll smoke a cigarette or have a social drink...I dip more tobacco than anything though..helps me think mo' clearly when I need to:p

You are just seriously on my good side today!

I have the same freakin' motto when it comes to ANYTHING you put in your body. Even food.

Thank you, sir.

Its funny though, because it isn't really a drug. Its 100% natural like shrooms are. They are "herbal substances", not "drugs".

Advil is a "drug".

drug - any substance that changes the way the body or mind works. example: illicit drugs, laxatives, vitamins, steroids, sleeping pills, and everyday beverages such as colas, teas, and coffee

quit smoking weed feb 29, 2008 and can think and respond 100% clearly now :)

i dont smoke weed or anything and i dont think clearly either way...im so slow to react these days...

Go drink a energy drink. They make my reaction times in-game crazy short.

Granted, I've never smoked weed but I have friends who have..it's their lives, not mine. Personally I try not to smoke, every now and again I'll smoke a cigarette or have a social drink...I dip more tobacco than anything though..helps me think mo' clearly when I need to:p
Chew is wayyy worse for you than weed...mouth cancer is disgusting.

Chew is wayyy worse for you than weed...mouth cancer is disgusting.

True, it's not something I'm proud of. Around here where I live alot of men dip, it's alot damn cheaper than cigarette's and come on, it's fun to spit:p

But on a serious note, it's not like I dip everyday I typically dip only when I'm in a stressful situation, tired as hell from work or trying to relax. I've never been the kind of guy who drinks...just doesn't do anything for me, I smoke the (very) occasional cigarette (haven't smoked one in several months).

And I would never do drugs, I've seen it destroy lives and friendships, one of my best friends struggled with heroin and pill addictions. But he had done it all...cocaine, heroin, pills, lsd, etc. Someone gave him pills at the age of 15 and he's had that monkey on his back for 8-9 years, he's been to rehab several times and was clean for awhile. He led everyone to believe he was anyway, and he genuinely tried to walk away one time but as he tried to walk away from that life he still had alot of debt to pay to the drug dealers...they tried to kill him one time and he still has around 10 people who wanted him dead. He began paying off his debt to them while holding down an honest job and he was clean for a few months but fell back into his old ways, the drug dealers weren't happy at the thought of loosing such a good customer so they started giving him drugs for free when he went to pay them and he ended up falling back into that rut and stealing $600 from me and about $4,000 from another of our shared best friend. It broke my, as well as our other friends heart, we were all like brothers. He was a good guy whose parent's are like second parents to me...he just made some bad choices. Right now he's in jail, he's gotten cleaned up and after he is released in a few weeks he's agreed to go into to a Christian camp built specifically for young men with addictions...once he's there can't leave for a year, there's no tv, no radio. Just counseling and time for him to think and get cleaned up, I still love the guy and it's my prayer everyday he cleans himself up...he has ruined the first quarter, maybe even half his life but he can take solace in the fact he can still have a happy and fulfilling second half of his life if he chooses to.

Heh sorry for the rant, everytime I read a drug thread I just think of my friend:(

It is illegal because it HAS BEEN illegal for so long. It was first made illegal because white men believed Negro slaves would smoke it and go in a rage and rape their white women.

And it remains illegal today because it would be too hard to tax it. And if the government can't make money off it, NO ONE GETS TO!

did you know that in the 50s police in america apealled of rand sucesfully got higher calibre handguns because they thought that the currentl guns at the time were not sufficient for stopping drug crazed negros?

even bigger fact, the first drug ever to become illegal was opium, it was made illegal in sanfrancisco as a way of repressing the high chinese population that had come to america building the railroads.

drug laws are traditionally all built around racisim and class divide.

it used to be popular to take certain drugs, (opium, methadone, heroine, cocaine). after the highclass stopped taking it and it because something that the common people did, then it starts becoming illegal.

and if it were taxed surely the government has got to realise that all the money that people spend on drugs they could be getting a piece of. but it's one of those genie bottle things. you can't try it out without the damage being permenantly done

You can't honestly expect a country to operate beneficially with legalized marijuana. ... they all become paranoid schizophrenics, ... Unemployment rates would become ridiculous...

...you'd probably have stoned kids breaking into people's houses more often looking for more weed as well as their TV. You'd have thousands of criminals making a solid income by dealing when everybody else endures a real job.
...became so popular and so boring they would want to experiment, which is why everybody got into weed.
why not? lots of people hold high profile jobs and take enough drugs to kill large mamals at the weekend each and every week, different strokes for different folks everyone handles things differently, sweeping statements don't help!
yes, mental illness is perhaps one of the bigger reasons that it should be illegal, however latest research from the government shows that even though more people are taking drugs there are not more cases of mental illness, so that link whilst not destroyed is not as proven as it once was
I manage to smoke week and still hold down a job, I manage to drink and still hold down a job, of course you always get a few, (like the alcoholics who can't hold a job this is them, not the drug or it's leagal state).
Kids don't break into people's houses to steal cigarettes or alcohol. why would they break in if it were legal to sell in shops and they could just walk into a newsagents?
no criminals wuld make an income by dealing, because it'd be legal, so it's controlled and taxed, sold at cigarette counters etc. it actually makes a lot of people who are currently criminals have to find a real job.
true, people do like to dance with danger... but the situation is no different to what it is now. you're talking about the same people really.

great motto.
chewing tabacco... won't be fun when your gums are cancerous.
(this lead to mouth cancers far quicker than smoking).

Back
Top Bottom