Convert python to executable

ZeroX1

Solid State Member
Been thinking of learning some sort of programming language abit better. At the moment i know the basics of C, C++, VBA and Java.
Have read some about Python and it looks like a very promising language for my needs. However, one question i still have about that i haven't found an answer for is if you can make stand alone executable files from the source code. Or does the one who wants to run the program also need python installed.
Closest i found was a program that can convert python source code to C++ source code that then can be compiled. But that also requires the python code to be written so it then is compatible to c++.

If python cant be made into executable without having to have python installed on the computer that's gonna run the program, then i think i will just go into depths of c++ and perhaps later learn python as you can use python scripts with c++.

Almost. Thats under Linux, and most linux distros already have python installed. But the question involves windows, forgot to mention that in the post.

I think python in an interpreted language only which is a shame. So for a standalone exe it will have to be C++

Seems like i will just go into depths of c++ and then later go into python and use python scripts from c++, or something, havent decided yet.
What other languages are there that could be useful to know?
Action script is something i have also thought about, but think that will be more for fun than useful for me. As i will most likely need a programming language for sysadmin work, windows based mostly, but also some Linux.

Back
Top Bottom