Give me some suggestions...

yea i have thought the same thing but the cheapest fx 60 i have found was about 400 dollars and i dont wnat to spend that on dead tech. So we are in the same psotion anyway.. reply if you have any more statment..

I know what you mean regarding the FX60. It would be great to have but like you said, it'll cost me about £200+ to aquire. The Opteron or the 4800+ would be the one i'd go for due to the un-justifiable cost of the FX60. I just wouldn't be able to OC it that much. But I think i'd be fast enough anyways.

I say save your money and go the full hog. Thats what i'll be doing as suggested in my thread. You can't go wrong with this upgrade. It uses the 790FX chipset, Cheaper, but faster, DDR 2 and the Black Edition Phenoms are pretty cheap! £200 for quad core @ 2500MHz, 4000MHz HT speed, 3 cache's (the 3rd @ 2MB!). It's a nice CPU and like WorshipMe says. They're revising the Phenom's architecture.

:)

While Nehalem will be released later this year, its going to be well into '09 before the pricing is reasonable and the kinks are worked out.

I would say go LGA 775 now while its cheap and make it a keeper for a couple of years.

never ever think that 'well I won't buy now since in 6 months this better cpu/vid card/any pc hardware will be available". You do that and in 6 months you will find yourself in a similar situation. The new and lovely hardware is there, but in another 6 months there will be this newer and better thing and if you buy now then it's going to be outdated in 6 months. Goes on and on and you will never be able to get a new pc. :D

that is true mam... i just don't know.. i wil probably just wait for am3 to come out... or somethign...

Back
Top Bottom