AVG 8.0 is SH*t!

Vipul1

In Runtime
Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that, i have updated to AVG 8.0 from 7.5 and IT IS ABSOLUTE CPU KILLER! My CPU is on a 100 usage all the time and it has been doing this since i have installed 8.0. I am now reverting to 7.5

Does anyone else have this same problem?

Free version? Is it a beta?

EDIT:

mmmmmmm, seems AVG 8.0 isn't being offered as a free version, just the trial which expires after 30 days as far as I can see.

I wonder how long they'll continue to support 7.5?

Yeh its not the free version, i had the 7.5pro edition, and just finished installing it. Back to good speed, 8.0 is horrible, they have all these new utilities which take up massive ram, not a good version. Very disappointed.

Which antivirus do u use?

Which antivirus do u use?
AVG Free 7.5

I've used the free version for ages, guess I'll be in the market for a new product if 8.0 isn't going to have a free version. Mind you, I haven't scanned my pc for a virus in months, I mainly only use the real time mode as I haven't had a virus in years.

so is there going to be any more free releases of avg?

And yes kaspersky is better but I don't want to have to pay yearly subscriptions of like 50 bucks

Edit: just installed 8.0 free, havn't noticed anything bad about it yet

Avast pro is a great anti virus scanner and is pretty low on CPU usage. Was using Nortons at first then AVG pro. Nortons was the biggest mistake but i didn't mind AVG pro, but nothing beats avast.

Back
Top Bottom