CSS and IE crap

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
why can't the worlds most used browser be more standards compliant??? very frustrating!

my site works and looks as it should in firefox and even safari (which is a surprise to me) but there are some small errors in IE7 and most likely more errors in older versions. and i thought i was ready to launch my new site design

check it out here...http://www.livelifexplore.com/index2.html

the mainNav bar highlighting does not fill the entire bar as it should when compared to firefox AND the final BLOG tab is made into the 2 rows. I have NO IDEA how either of these is happening but have heard of IE hacks for CSS.

how do i know which hacks to put in my CSS and where to put it?
any help here would be appreciated!

It might have something to do with IE's peculiar box model, so some of your absolute widths/heights are being thrown off just a few pixels by the padding/margin being added incorrectly, which would cause any floating within an absolute container element to mess up. Sorry I can't help more, and the CSS hacks you are mentioning usually don't have much to do with this. What you could try is using a conditional comment to import an "iefix" stylesheet (some CSS crafted to override parts of the main CSS, but it will only be used in IE).
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom