Dual Boot. Vista 1st or XP 1st?

Rule of thumb, install the oldest OS first (Though there are work arounds as stated above)

Use EasyBCD to alter the boot configuration.

If you're installing programmes to your XP partition then I'd be looking at ~20GB (depends on what you install obviously) if it is just windows XP then 5GB should be more than sufficient.

I would do Vista first so its easier to make it boot up.

Actually...........................
I installed Vista first...then later on I installed XP on a little 6GB partition just to go into once in a while. I added XP to Vista's BCD.

4g might become more more normal but not for another 2 years lol, then when you go to a shop you'll see most with 4g ram , 2g ram is good enough .

but what ever floats ya boat

Vista Service pack 1 32bit recognizes all 4gb.

Are u sure about that? i did lots of research and everyone told me that 64bit vista is the only one that offers full 4G+ support for ram

4g might become more more normal but not for another 2 years lol, then when you go to a shop you'll see most with 4g ram , 2g ram is good enough .

but what ever floats ya boat

You pay $100 and u get 4g of fast ddr2, I think its a great deal!

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 32-Bit can recognize until 4GB of RAM, so more than 4GB+ it cannot see.

I see... Well anyways 64 bit is the way 2 go!

64bit applications will run alot faster than 32bit applications. Also the higher memory limitation is another very big factor. Ram is so cheap now. I might have to get an 8GB kit lol

Buying 32bit Vista = Idiocy

Back
Top Bottom