Major Computer Issues, Need Help!!

Infin1ty1

In Runtime
Alright so this morning when I got up I was checking my E-Mail, and there was a weird 30 second black out, and obviously it shut down all the power in my house. Well I turn my computer back on and about 10 seconds into loading windows, I get a blue screen... so I try again and the same thing happens. So I go to reinstall Windows, and Windows is telling me that it can't detect any hard drives!! Now I can see the hard drives in BIOS with no problems, and it detects them on start up.... so I am very lost.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Control your hard disk's cables, after it turn off your computer leave it off for a bit longer than 10 minutes, after open it and put your Windows XP CDs and try to format your computer.

Control your hard disk's cables, after it turn off your computer leave it off for a bit longer than 10 minutes, after open it and put your Windows XP CDs and try to format your computer.

Control my hard disc cables?

*Just for reference, my hard discs are SATA*

If your hard disk is SATA* and you have SATA* cables, I had the same problem, try to change your cables, they may damaged. ;)

Well my question about that though, if my sata cables were bad, why would BIOS be able to detect the hard drives, Windows not?

I believe I am may have found a fix for it, from what I can find it could have something to do with the SATA driver or RAID driver.

If your hard disk is SATA* and you have SATA* cables, I had the same problem, try to change your cables, they may damaged. ;)

Windows can't detect your hard-drive because it doesn't have your drivers.

You need to do the following:
1. Go to your HD manufacturers website
2. Download the drivers for your HD
3. Put them onto a floppy disk
4. Install windows, when the screen that says "Press F6 to install any third-party SATA Drivers" appears, hit F6
5. Install the drivers off of the floppy drive (just follow the onscreen directions)
6. It should now detect your HD

-Colorblindjimbo

Sorry about that, I get wrong it. :(

I understood wrong that when you insert your Windows XP CD it said that cannot find any drives but not in blue screen, in black screen. :)

Back
Top Bottom