file sharing

Filesharing is perfectly legal and I'm all for it

Filesharing copyrighted materials is a different kettle of fish

:D

I could go both ways, so i just chose the supporting one. Depending on what it is varies what I feel about sharing. Music yes, movies and programs, no.

I buy it, I can't let my friends listen to it when I do? so what will I do about playing it to them on a stereo?

and $.99 a song is way too much... I'm one of those people that listens to a ton of bands.... 10,000 songs is a little on the expensive side.

I buy it, I can't let my friends listen to it when I do? so what will I do about playing it to them on a stereo?

and $.99 a song is way too much... I'm one of those people that listens to a ton of bands.... 10,000 songs is a little on the expensive side.

At 4 min a song, you have a month non-stop of music lol

I don't see why lending a DVD to a friend is illegal. That would make Blockbuster illegal then right? You are paying to rent it, but not the full price of the DVD...

For music I buy CDs. I will get it off P2P only if I can't absolutely find the CD at any store (I don't buy CDs online), but I make sure I try to find it for awhile.

From what I've read about the record companies, I'd just rather not support them.

right but who does that just to back it up? (im sure a small amount of people)
I copied all my CDs when i went to uni after my friends room was broken into and all their stuff taken, I just realised I didn't want that to happen to me.

first public performance is restricted! so you're not meant to play it to friends, for their benefit, you buy it for your own benefit, i think also that MP3 is moving more towards home media stations than anything else, ideally in ten years CDs will be old and inconvenient, in the same way that a 12" record is inconvenient compared to todays CDs

I listen to a lot of music too. I have some 250 CDs each costing about £10 - £15. that makes £2500 - £3750 ($4,958 - $7,436) and it keeps growning, seriously, if you want 10,000 tracks, what's wrong with paying for them?

I don't see why lending a DVD to a friend is illegal. That would make Blockbuster illegal then right? You are paying to rent it, but not the full price of the DVD...

For music I buy CDs. I will get it off P2P only if I can't absolutely find the CD at any store (I don't buy CDs online), but I make sure I try to find it for awhile.
lending a CD or a DVD is not illegal, making a friend a copy is illegal.
blockbuster buy the right by paying a premium to rent ou movies, they don't just buy the discs and then rent them out. they pay a lot more for a less restrictive license to enable them to rent the films.
the same as a cinema pays to be able to publically display the film.
You wouldn't steal a baby.....
says who?
From what I've read about the record companies, I'd just rather not support them.
I love that argument, the record companies will get paid anyway, they are the ones controlling the money that filters through. if you think that they'll say that the execs will take slightly less so that artists can live a really nice life?

Back
Top Bottom