Give me some suggestions...

Verbatim47

In Runtime
Can some people give me suggestions for giving me the final decision whether to upgrade my comp or not. I know what to get, I just want some reasons whether to upgrade or not, everyone can express their opinion or not.

My personal thoughts: (Right now is a great time to buy, but a huge jump in technology with Nelahem coming out next year and such. I just don't want to be stuck behind like with the comp i have now) "Bought 939 when it came out and my proc. was 400$$" Now it is a dead socket...

What are your thoughts on what you want. You might want to upgrade your cpu, but that would also mean that you would have to get a new mobo. But, post what you are thinking about getting, and we can help you out.

Well i know that i want to upgrade to a full new system. I am just not sure what. I was thinking on a q9450 with some ddr2 memory with ddr3 upgrade path... and maybe a 9800gtx soon to be 9900gtx or something like that... I am just getting tired of my current system and would like a more solid performer...I just don't want to be stuck in the dust again when new stuff comes out and the current socket is obsolete again very quickly...I do want vista though, that is one of my wants...

Or the other option is I could get 2 X 9600gt's in SLi and see how that works. DO you think that that would pull a little bit more performance out of my system without bottlenecking it.?:confused:

You do realise Skt 775 is dead from here on in, Nehalem will be a new SocketB LGA 1366 & SocketH LGA 715

Mmm.

I'd consider upgrading the CPU maybe. You'll get an Opteron 185 or a Athlon 64 4800+ on that board I think...

I have OC&UG fever! And if I find a bargain then i'll buy.

hey thanks for the respond... I couldnt help realize that you have the same motherboard as me... I was just wondering if the opteron would be a viable upgrade for me and then I could get the 9600gt's In SLi so then the computer would be fairly decent again with newer games and not have such a bottleneck? Just asking because I dont want to upgrade to a dead socket as A True folder stated...

One more question why have you not upgraded your single core Reminez?

Yes it's a dead socket but decent 939 dual core CPU's are still available.

I think an upgrade to an Opteron 180/185 or 4800+ would be noticeable. Even an FX60, if you want to OC, which is the same as the 185 with an unlocked multiplier.

Then again. Why not OC your CPU to run at 2600Mhz? I'd love to OC your CPU to 2700Mhz! That's another option.

Either way you still have options that would enable you to get the best of a decent graphics card. But you have to look at your RAM as well if you want super slick SLI.

One more question why have you not upgraded your single core Reminez?
Well i'm deciding whether to upgrade my CPU, RAM, etc or just do a full upgrade.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=70445

yea i have thought the same thing but the cheapest fx 60 i have found was about 400 dollars and i dont wnat to spend that on dead tech. So we are in the same psotion anyway.. reply if you have any more statment..

My personal thoughts: (Right now is a great time to buy, but a huge jump in technology with Nelahem coming out next year and such. I just don't want to be stuck behind like with the comp i have now) "Bought 939 when it came out and my proc. was 400$$" Now it is a dead socket...
If you can do everything you need to with your current system, then keep it and wait for RV770 (http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37025/135/) and Nehalem/45nm Phenoms. Like ATF said, LGA775 is finished and there will be no new CPUs coming out for it, plus if you wait, DDR3 will have dropped to an acceptable price.

Back
Top Bottom