better mpg than hybrids ????

cars could be getting even better then that
but they dont because then ud buy less oil and they would make less money
air power cars are looking to be the future of automobiles
125 miles on a single tank of air
can get up to 90mph
3 dolors to fill up!!!!

51 mpg is impressive, but a hybrid will still do better. Heck, some people have got 120mpg on some cars.

To get high mileage out of ordinary cars people will go to extremes...
Inflate tires to 40's psi
Draft behind semi-trucks and other large vehicles, which means get up like <100 ft.
Modify engine control computer and other engine parts
Coast down hills in neutral or with clutch disengaged (Which is actually illegal in Alabama I know for a fact)

etc...

Hypermilers is what they are called. Crazy stuff though.

Show me! I'll take two. One for me, One for my woman.

shoot x9999999999999999999
haha hybrids get average of 50 city and 45 highway, and then you have to worry about the battery thing getting changed every couple of years! those things costs a couple thousand to do it! =\ cant wait till i get my honda, ughh im driving my brothers car right now and it gets like 20mpg between city and highway haha, yeah now that sux!

I read that somewhere, but with quick searching this is all I found

http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/tdi-new-mileage-t413.html

Yeah going down hills in neutral does help, when I go downhill or don't need to accelerate, often throw the car in neutral.
dang that car is crazy! haha yeah well i can tune a car to get better gas milage than its stock times ez, just throw a couple things on it (exuast, and cold air intake) then tune the chip and i could get 65 highway on one of those hondas, i wouldent do it though cuz it wouldent be very fast........ hahaha and yes, neutral is crazy good in saving gas i use it all the time, just hold that clutch in haha

learn about fuel efficiency before you talk. efficiency is the thermal efficiency of the engine and seeing as how we run most cars at about 30 percent efficiency we get garbage. so basically almost floor it all the time. hybrids are owning right now due to regenerative braking so we're not wasting all the kinetic energy when we stop, also have the electric motor powering everything when you're at idle saves you fuel consumption unlike our crap cars now that just waste all kinds of energy. the only problem is that the electric cars mix with an atkinson cycle engine thus almost no real power comes from it and we get little HP. the air cars are ok but from what ive seen they will be very inefficient because air isn't the best gas and whenever you run out a gas generator runs the motor making you rely on fuel again. the electric cars are the best thus far, but it comes down to if were are will to bring in more nuclear power to drive our vehicles instead of oil. basically we will always be f***ed when it comes to vehicles and there is nothing you can do about it unless you yourself make a new car.

on this show on discovery channel called daily planet, there was this guy who is like the most efficient driver in the world, and he did 178 miles per gallon in a hybrid. now THATS insane. He doesn't use brakes around corners, goes like under the speed limit usually, and doesn't hold the gas alot.

learn about fuel efficiency before you talk. efficiency is the thermal efficiency of the engine and seeing as how we run most cars at about 30 percent efficiency we get garbage. so basically almost floor it all the time. hybrids are owning right now due to regenerative braking so we're not wasting all the kinetic energy when we stop, also have the electric motor powering everything when you're at idle saves you fuel consumption unlike our crap cars now that just waste all kinds of energy. the only problem is that the electric cars mix with an atkinson cycle engine thus almost no real power comes from it and we get little HP. the air cars are ok but from what ive seen they will be very inefficient because air isn't the best gas and whenever you run out a gas generator runs the motor making you rely on fuel again. the electric cars are the best thus far, but it comes down to if were are will to bring in more nuclear power to drive our vehicles instead of oil. basically we will always be f***ed when it comes to vehicles and there is nothing you can do about it unless you yourself make a new car.

hey 420 was the other day, its not today anymore stop smoking so much cuz you sir, are tripin! hybrids suck, there slow as hell and they get 40-50's in gas milage, the most ive saw was around 59 from a toyota i belive. So you go ahead and take those 2 motors thats slower that the 1 and get the same gas milage cept pay 20k more for it.... gj!

Back
Top Bottom