more ram than max

is it possible for me to install more ram than max? by tweaking like bios or something?

its set, and this friday i'm getting a Fujitsu Lifebook P1510 for free ($1000 laptop/UMPC - its mad expensive because its only 8.9 inches and 2.2lbs!). :D :D :D :D as a 16 yr old i'm quite happy

it comes with 512MB RAM, maximum is 1GB. i'm ordering a 1GB stick right now, so i can put it in the laptop on friday.

possible to put in 2GB?

oh and also, is it possible to make a bootable USB stick? cuz it has no optical drive, and all that networking crap takes wayyyy too long to set up to install an OS.

i want to install Xubuntu :)

It's very possible the laptop only recognizes 512MB DIMM's. However on a new laptop this would seem a bit odd. With the cheap price of ram, it could be worth trying 1GB dimm's

to my knowledge i dont believe you can go past the maximum
as for the bootible usb drive that really depends on weather or not your laptop supports it

usually it's called max for a reason. :p
Where did you find that 1.5gb is the max? I just did a quick google and apparently it supports only 1 dimm. And it does support 1gb dimm's so then the max would be 1gb, not 1.5.

Back
Top Bottom