Random restarts (and BSoD)

Make sure everything is jammed in the case good and snug. If it is just restarting like this it has to be a hardware problem then, right? This happens sometimes when your ram is just simply lose. How old is yur computer and what do you use it for? 2003 and you use it for WoW and UT? lol.. You see what I'm getting at? You can find various memory tests for your ram if the processor turns out to be ok..

Also, if you have another computer laying around you can put the ram in there - and if the socket type is the same you can do it with the motehr board. :D

I don't know, but could it be your hdd? Works long enough for you to install windows and then stops?

You should have read everything I said earlier in the thread ;)

There's nothing loose. As i changed motherboard, nearly every component was replaced, so if that was the problem, it should have changed after changing mobo. I did a memtest a while ago, and I have also tried running only one memory at a time, so I don't think it is the memory. I'm also rather sure it is not the hard drive. I have had XP installed on two different hard drives, and it hasn't worked properly on either of them.

To me it seems like the only choices left are the PSU and the CPU. I don't know how to find out which of them it is though...

BTW, I bought the copmuter in parts about one and a half year ago. I use it for school work, browsing the web and gaming.

ok , i think we have gone threw everything now, yes on your motherbored where your cpu is it will tell you this: SOCKET *** ? or more letters? well leave the detials on here and someone will find one and help you because ill be gone, anyway post that and your cpu is it AMD? check when you start the pc it will tell you what you havem write some codes down and put them here.

anyway goodluck man

No, I'm not going to buy a new CPU just to try this... I already bought a new motherboard, and I don't want to take a chance again.

Personally I believe it is the PSU, but I don't know...

well i thought about your money but money will not even be bothering you, just keep the recipt man and go home test it take it back get cash back.

First of all, I bought everything over the internet, so I can't just go to the store. Secondly, I can't order a CPU, test it and then just send it back. I'm rather sure that I can't test it first if I want to send it back later.

So, no, buying a new CPU isn't an option...

ok goto task manager: csrss.exe? end process , this might fix it but i don't know how to get rid of, maybe search where it is and get remove tool.

also try this, put your xp disk in and at the bottom this will say ''Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.'' when you see it press F7.

ok?

OMG OMG I JUST REMEMBER ABOUT A YEAR AGO I DID THE SAME THING OMG I JUST CANT BELIVE I FORGOT, I WAS PISSED OF, then i found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156669

i remember now omg, i did it, its kinda hard if your new at it BUT YOU MUST SPELL IT CORRECT AND FOLLOW CORRECT, i did a few mistakes following this as its hard to missspell with all the dots n slashes, anyway do it man, i reakon it will work

hold on, did you see a box appear and say system will shut down in 60seconds?

Back
Top Bottom