Help with install of OS

Ty_Lawrence

Baseband Member
I trying to install xp pro, I cant make it so it boots from cd, in the bios. Could anyone please help me.

so when you go to bios and look for boot options and set cdrom as the 1st and nothing else

try this

once you have installed xp go back to bios and set defualt

Wait, you can't set it to that in the bios? Just press the comands to make it move up lol, it will say at the bottom of the screen... It will change back to the hdd after windows is installed by its self..

i have it set to boot from cd-rom, it says press any key to boot from cd and when i do nothing happends

Wait, you can't set it to that in the bios? Just press the comands to make it move up lol, it will say at the bottom of the screen... It will change back to the hdd after windows is installed by its self..

??? not sure what you mean, but changing the cd drive to first boot in the BIOS is the easiest way, press Delete or F2 on boot and when the Bios screen appears look in the left hand menu, second one down, (award bois) there you will see your boot options, it will be set at present to something like FLOPPY,1st boot 2, HDDO, 3 cdrom, click on the icon for first boot then scroll down to your cd drive and select, then press escape and f10 save current settings then away you go,.it should load the xp kernels straight away.

What is your reasoning for reinstalling windows in the first place? Does it boot up in windows or did it crash?

Ok, pop in the home and see if it works. If it does then it's the disk. If it doesn't then it's the bios. What's the ram and processor speed?

Back
Top Bottom