Overclocking a Success

Vitaminx

In Runtime
Overclocked my e8400 to 4005MHz with 1.33125 Vcore and 1.41 North Bridge Voltage. Memory's overclocked to 1069MHz. I got 14600 3dMark06 Score. Running orthos right now to see if its stable. So far temps under load are 60 degrees celcius and idle temps are 32 degrees celcius. What you all think?

Very nice job.
thumbsup4kk.gif

so you think orthos ffts stress test on cpu with priority 8 should be stable if run for 2 hours then run the blend test for 8 hours to test for stability. no errors good to go?

Overclocked my e8400 to 4005MHz with 1.33125 Vcore
Is that the bios setting? What is your cpu VID? I'm damned if I can get my E3110 stable at 4.0GHz and I've been up to 1.35 vcore, it crashes after two or so hours of Prime95. I'll try more NB voltage next time.

Nice oc and temps you've got there.

What are you reading your temps with?

that test failed so im going 1:1 445fsb with 1.3125vcore in the bios 1.55 north bridge voltage.

Real Temp is what I'm reading my temps with A True Folder because Core Temp doesn't read the 45nm chips correctly. Real Temp was made for the 45nm chips.

tuniq tower's fan speed is 1150 rpm. all my fans are 1150 rpms. dead silent :D

I have problematic sensors on my chip, they only move three places when I run the RealTemp test and if I calibrate the idle (-2 -2) then the core never exceeds 40°C.

I'm happy that is not running at excessive temps but I'm a little annoyed at the faulty sensors which seem prevelent throughout the 45nm chip range, it seems to be the luck of the draw if you get good sensors or not with a lot of people reorting faulty ones.

I'm seriously considering reinstalling my Q6600.

someone over on overclock.net got q6600 to 3.8ghz stable !! woot cpu passed test

I've had mine to 3.6GHz but the vcore required (1.55v bios) was excessive in my mind, that was in my old P5K board though which suffered from excessive vdrop and vdroop both.

Back
Top Bottom