Guess what guys@!!!

150 is still pretty laggy, but ya like trivium said, get cod4, best game out right now...

I just picked up Gran Turismo 5 Prologue so I'll probably be playing it over the next few weeks. I'll probably just pick up the PC version rather than the PS3 version of COD4 though. If some of my PS3 friends get it though I may have to get both copies unless its cross platform.

150ms is a world better than what I was dealing with. I've seen it as low as 135ms from speedtest.net though.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;785452 said:
Its actually 3.6Mbps and actual theoretics report up to 7.2Mbps though put. It depends on the tower and if its 1 T1 line or 2 T1 lines on the tower. If the tower has only 1 T1 Line its 1.8Mbps and if its dual T1's its 3.6Mbps.

The problem is my signal has to go through hills and trees and its not a clear line of site. Thats why my overall speed isn't as good as it should be. But its a lot better than it was.

Granted I still have quite a bit of actual tuning to do considering the yagi works in under 10 degree increments so I may actually find a better signal.

Considering my HDR Rssi was -115+ and not able to connect dropping down to -85 through -95 Rssi is a huge jump for me. Sometimes it spikes over -100 but will stay connected.

Its by no means as fast as it could be but enough to be able to game and surf on.

Most towers have far more than a T1 running to them nowadays, some of the older ones are likely T1's or dual T1's (Which are 1.544mbps, not 1.8).

I also suggest some TNT for that tree problem.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;785697 said:
LMAO I think once I find the best overall signal I'll get the chainsaw out and start chopping down everything in the antenna's path :cool:

haha yea that would be nice :D

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;785406 said:
Most of the regulars know I'm in a cable challenged area so I got that Verizon Wireless broadband card. Well when I had got it I'm in a nation access area so I couldn't get connected to the EVDO hi speed network.

Well since the weather broke I decided to order 30 feet of Coax and a 800Mhz Yagi antenna (Review comming soon). I got everything up the other day so I now can connect to full Broadband Rev-A access.

Woot Woot Woot ping times down to 150ms from 800ms and download speeds around 50KB/s vs 16KB/s on Nation access.

I'm in heaven right now! Unreal the difference in response from the lower ping times. Surfing the web is finally not so much a chore.

So what games should I get since I should be able to play online without horrible lag now?

Heres what the antenna looks like.

YagiAntenna.jpg

How come you put up a separate post? Why not just attach it to the fascia board on the side side of the roof, Then you could make it higher.

How come you put up a separate post? Why not just attach it to the fascia board on the side side of the roof, Then you could make it higher.

I thought about doing it that way but I don't think I would have got much higher cause the board wouldn't be able to go up very high without another support bracket. I've got to get a brace for the top of that post to make it a bit more stable though for when the wind picks up.

Plus I'm already running 30 feet of Coax and the next step is 50 feet which had a higher cable loss so I decided 30 feet was right around the mark I wanted.

In the end I may end up getting some type of external enclosure with a wireless router and go out and put the antenna on top of a 120 foot tree then run the cable down a tree to the external enclosure that would house a wireless receiver that would plug into my wireless card. Then put a 3 watt amp in between the two.

@ mkdmc ehh I'll probably end up painting it to make it blend a bit better. Not a big deal though for me I'm secluded off on a hill so it doesn't matter to me.

Back
Top Bottom