monitor dying?

decision fish

Baseband Member
hello guys,

i have a 19 inch Hyundai Q995 crt monitor, about 2-3 years old.

it just goes black: sometimes after i have used it for a bit it clicks off and the screen goes black, if i leave it for a while sometimes it works but again, sometimes just for a few seconds before it does it again.

the light stays on (i think, i am on a different monitor now) but the picture goes.

is it dead, or can it be fixed?

thanks, dec. fish

Well, have you tried it on a another pc. I could be the graphics card, maybe the PSU cant supply the graphics card with enough power sometimes,

Have you checked your connection (my monitor has rubbish grip on the kettle lead and when i move it it slips out)

Possibly a chip on he monitor is overheating

CRTs are pretty cheap, you can probably get one for free if you look hard enough (local schools, libary, a friend picked my one up from the dump)

it's quite sad really :( poor monitor

thanks for replying, i will try it on another pc.

i think she may well be dead though and if she is i think i will definately go for a modern flat screen monitor next time: i like the quality of a nice crt but have had enough of a huge crt dominating my desk

damn things doing it again on another pc, it's got it's own power anyway so it couldn't be the power supply could it?

wish i hadn't given my hansol mazellan 900p to my brother. that was a nice monitor.

what would be a good monitor to get, i would like at least a 22 inch screen, maybe 24. whats the best monitor?

my gpu is an xfx nvidia geforce 6600gt (the specs in my sig are my brothers pc now), i will upgrade it in the future but not yet, i would like a monitor which will last me a while longer than my crappy hyundai, what would you guys recommend?

cheers

dec. fish

samsung, dell, asus, whats a good monitor to go for?

any particular model really good?

Back
Top Bottom