won't boot

mammikoura

Golden Master
ok, long story short.
new pc, won't boot. Nothing.. absolutely nothing, no fans spinning etc.
the green light on the mobo lights up so it's getting power.

asus p5b
intel 2160
9600gt
2gb corsair ram

tried another psu, no good. Still the same problem. Going to try the cpu and mobo next.

any help is appreciated.

rebuild it try that

if your fans don't turn on I advise you not to even try and switch it on again (thats only if your fans are correct wireing), send your motherbored back thats the only thing i can think because if the fans don't turn and their plugged in then thats a fault with your motherbored i'd say, or even the jumper try a metal pin on them

well I guess I'll figure this thing out soon. Swapping the cpu now, then if that doesn't solve it I'll try with another mobo. Should be able to find the problem then, can't think of anything else it could be besides the psu, mobo or cpu.

cpu works fine. So it's probably the mobo. Still need to test a few things but gotta eat first.

It would still boot even if the CPU was faulty, it just wouldn't post. Does your motherboard have a power button (so you don't need the case)? It could be the front panel connectors.

It would still boot even if the CPU was faulty, it just wouldn't post. Does your motherboard have a power button (so you don't need the case)? It could be the front panel connectors.

You can bypass having to use a case power button by using a screwdriver or any metal opbject to short the pins (the power pins).

Mammi, do you have the mobo sitting on a non conductive surface? ie... bubble wrap

mobo is sitting in the case. :p

just came back from the restaurant, time to check the mobo now.
As a side note.. my e2160 seems to boot fine with 3.2ghz frequency and temps were around 37c without having a fan. (heatsink is there of course)

well did anything come on at all when you first started it? normally if theres a short you get power for like 1 second and some smoke (im use there wasn't any) try reseating every thing make sure if its a 24 pin mbo to use the 4 pin connector to the board, also is both psu caable of the load.

Check the Clear CMOS jumper is there and set correctly?

And make sure the 12VATX at the top of the mobo is connected.

Back
Top Bottom