Guess what guys@!!!

Most of the regulars know I'm in a cable challenged area so I got that Verizon Wireless broadband card. Well when I had got it I'm in a nation access area so I couldn't get connected to the EVDO hi speed network.

Well since the weather broke I decided to order 30 feet of Coax and a 800Mhz Yagi antenna (Review comming soon). I got everything up the other day so I now can connect to full Broadband Rev-A access.

Woot Woot Woot ping times down to 150ms from 800ms and download speeds around 50KB/s vs 16KB/s on Nation access.

I'm in heaven right now! Unreal the difference in response from the lower ping times. Surfing the web is finally not so much a chore.

So what games should I get since I should be able to play online without horrible lag now?

Heres what the antenna looks like.

YagiAntenna.jpg

that sucks that you have to use verizon wireless "broadband" card. 50kb/s is bad, 16kb/s is worse. god, i think its time to move to an area with cable. i have 5mbit and get speeds around 600kb/s. god i feel bad for you. but its cool that you did all that to improve your speed, that shows how much of a true geek you are. nice

that sucks that you have to use verizon wireless "broadband" card. 50kb/s is bad, 16kb/s is worse. god, i think its time to move to an area with cable. i have 5mbit and get speeds around 600kb/s. god i feel bad for you. but its cool that you did all that to improve your speed, that shows how much of a true geek you are. nice

LMAO +1 for the Geek Status. I should be able to pull up to 1.8Mbps on a perfect connection.

I've always lived outside of cable or dsl coverage in the country so I've used 56K for most of my life. So going from downloading around 4.5-5KB/s to 16KB/s was a nice step although with the latency it still made gaming worthless. So I'm completely cool with 50KB/s until some other land line finally makes it my way. The second a better option comes my way I'll be the first in the area to jump on it thats for sure.

maximum throughput of EVDO rev A is 3.1 mbits... which is like 396kb/s

so you should be getting way more than 50kb/s

maximum throughput of EVDO rev A is 3.1 mbits... which is like 396kb/s

so you should be getting way more than 50kb/s

Its actually 3.6Mbps and actual theoretics report up to 7.2Mbps though put. It depends on the tower and if its 1 T1 line or 2 T1 lines on the tower. If the tower has only 1 T1 Line its 1.8Mbps and if its dual T1's its 3.6Mbps.

The problem is my signal has to go through hills and trees and its not a clear line of site. Thats why my overall speed isn't as good as it should be. But its a lot better than it was.

Granted I still have quite a bit of actual tuning to do considering the yagi works in under 10 degree increments so I may actually find a better signal.

Considering my HDR Rssi was -115+ and not able to connect dropping down to -85 through -95 Rssi is a huge jump for me. Sometimes it spikes over -100 but will stay connected.

Its by no means as fast as it could be but enough to be able to game and surf on.

50 kb/s download... thats good ???

but didnt you have dial up before?
when my net gets capped to dial up I literally cry . :D

150 is still pretty laggy, but ya like trivium said, get cod4, best game out right now...

Back
Top Bottom