Fuel Prices

at leat it is a start and we use a mixture of biodiesel and normal diesel still pricey but not bad
also you could use leftover corn and soybean stuff from resturants and stuff

True, it could help a little. But for the near future things don't look good...last year U.S. Farmers planted 92.9 million acres of corn, in 08 farmers are expected to plant only 86 million acres of corn, 6 million acres fewer compared with 07. And you would be surprised how much corn is used in other applications...that loss in acreage will make alot of things like food and even baby diapers go up in price as those industry's compete for the fewer acreage then you can expect a price hike in everything it's used in.

Filled up my car just last week at a Shell at $3.19, across the street was an Exxon at $3.29, then I filled up today at the same station and it's around $3.30 I think. At least I got a small car. Took $34 to fill up 10.5 gallons. I have a 12ish gallon tank. I think my car isn't making as good on the mileage anymore though. It used to last almost 2 weeks on a single tank. Now it's one week and it was at a little over 1/8 a tank before I filled up. Gotta save money faster for a new car before I start getting really crappy MPG. My brother gets the car next for $200-300 and he can deal with the problems. :p I get an '03 Ford Zx2 and lots of money gone from my bank account after the purchase...

I heard we got we got oil ourselves that the conservationists are keeping us from pumping... If we could shoot all the conservation people maybe it could go down in price again some. I'm all for conservation to a point, but when it starts effecting my pocket book in a big way it's time for a change. There's gotta be a way to pump the oil and have it not affect wildlife much...

It's about like how some folks say current drilling techniques only extract 50% of oil from a field, if they could drill deeper and with more efficiency then you'll be able to extract oil from fields believed to be exhausted and be able to harvest just as much as before. But meanwhile America seriously needs to pursue an alternate source of energy for when we do run out...because it's not a if but a when.

They got enough oil for approx 200 years here, but none of it has or probably ever will be drilled... Makes so much sense
Why would you want to drill into Alaska? Like they aren't getting screwed over already.

Back
Top Bottom