Question for all you who know old OS's

Happyisgood

Beta member
A long time ago, my first computer, used an operating system I loved (believe me, I never got used to Windows 98 when we upgraded to that).

What I know about it.

No desktop, it did have a GUI tho...
Not command driven.

The format looked like a book, you clicked on a tab and the tabs worked like folders. It was quite a good system, never ran slow or anything.

SO here's my question.

1. What was it called?
2. What ever happened to it?
3. If it's still around, what does it look like?

A long time ago, my first computer, used an operating system I loved (believe me, I never got used to Windows 98 when we upgraded to that).

What I know about it.

No desktop, it did have a GUI tho...
Not command driven.

The format looked like a book, you clicked on a tab and the tabs worked like folders. It was quite a good system, never ran slow or anything.

SO here's my question.

1. What was it called?
2. What ever happened to it?
3. If it's still around, what does it look like?

IBM OS / 2?

What do you mean by no desktop, but it did have a GUI?

No desktop in the sense that there were icons on the background that always stayed, it was simply a system where there were folders you can pick, and in each folder there are programs/files, thats it, it looked like a book

I think it is Mac OS. At the time, Apple offered a simplified version of their OS with tabs.

Windows 3.1 had a GUI
win31-1-1.png

THE WHOLE OS CAME ON 9 floppy disk if I remember correctly, I had an old compaq with windows 3.1 when I was like 15 /16.

3.1 had like 6 buttons you could click on. Each looked like a door.

One was shut down, one was command prompt, and then there were 4 others I can't remember (maybe applications or something?).

I don't think that was it.

Back
Top Bottom