SATA Drive Help PLs...... :(

OK, so the drive sees in BIOS but not XP, correct?

It simply needs to be formated. In the run command box type "diskmgmt.msc" (without the quotes). Scroll down. Right click the hard drive that has the black bar next to it and click initialize. Right click black bar and click "New Partition". When this is done, the drive should be formatted and seen by the rest of windows.

Is this the only SATA drive you have installed?

I noticed in your hdd2.jpeg that you had a SATA drive plugged into one of the 4 orange sata connectors. Try the purple ones instead. According to the specs on your board ... the purples are for the following:
Gigabyte SATAII (JMicron JMB363) SATA/IDE Controller
1 x Ultra ATA 33/66/100/133 (data transfer rate up to 133MB/sec.)
2 x SATA 3.0Gbps interface (purple ones)

While the orange ones are the Southbridge for use as RAID (if you choose) or after you utilized the purple ones first.

Just a thought.

Is this the only SATA drive you have installed?

I noticed in your hdd2.jpeg that you had a SATA drive plugged into one of the 4 orange sata connectors. Try the purple ones instead. According to the specs on your board ... the purples are for the following:
Gigabyte SATAII (JMicron JMB363) SATA/IDE Controller
1 x Ultra ATA 33/66/100/133 (data transfer rate up to 133MB/sec.)
2 x SATA 3.0Gbps interface (purple ones)

While the orange ones are the Southbridge for use as RAID (if you choose) or after you utilized the purple ones first.

Just a thought.

That could do it. If he has it plugged into RAID ports then it's no wonder it's not showing up in windows.

well I made that and put it in the Purple ones but after I open my PC and the windows logo shows and after that it just hangs up and then black screen :-/.
And I tried something I made my PC boot in SATA Drive but it says "Disk Read Error" and then I tried the IDE Drive that has no XP on it and says "NTDLR (i think) is Missing". Whats the difference about that, does that mean my SATA HDD is damaged ?

yup did that on purpose, but what is the difference of the two? "NTDLR Missing(IDE,PATA) " and "Disk Read Error(Sata)"

Back
Top Bottom