Help with drivers

erok1991

Beta member
I recently upgraded from windows xp home to windows xp pro i did a clean install
formating my hard drive and everything and now i have several devices that aren't working, my sound doesn't work my screen is all choppy(im guessing that has something to do with my video card) and my wireless internet isn't working.I figured i could just download the drivers but i don't know what the exact names of the devices are, they don't show up in the device manager or in the system info. I hope somebody can help cause this sucks not having wireless or sound

I just made a long reply and hit submit. "Page cannot be found", oh im pissed.

Ok. Now I'm just going to assume it's prebuilt. Go to the maufacturers website and put in the model number. Your video card and nic drivers should be on there
* and sound. As for your wireless, it will have a model number of it's own for linksys or whatever. Put that in to google.

Post back if you need more help :D

see there is my problem. I know what kind of computer I have but it doesn't have a model number cause it doesn't have a standard processor in it. this computer comes with and intel processor and when i bought it i had them put an amd processor in it so therefore i don,t have a model number on the back of my laptop. it says compaq presario v2000 but there are like 10 different models of compaq presario v2000's. any other suggestions ?

Ok.

Click Start>Control Panel>System.

You should have system properties window on the screen.

Click on the Hardware Tab. Then click on device manager.

The list is bits and bobs on your laptop.

Any thing in the list with an explanation mark in a yellow triangle has a dispute. I.E. driver missing/corrupted.

Right click on these and try 'update driver' in the pop up menu. If your online, make sure your protected, then you might be able to get all the drivers you need.

:)

you said its a compaq?? go to there site and find where is say detect my computer and it will tell you the model number.

Back
Top Bottom