no boot from cdrom

surfshack66

Solid State Member
my dell computer will not boot from cdrom drive...tried changing bios order but still no go....i finshed reinstalling windows xp but now i need to boot from the drivers disc to update everything...any help would be great thanks

Are you sure you need to boot from it?? or is it just auto run that is not working?? afaik the drivers disk isn't bootable which would explain why it isn't happening for you.

umm a driver bootable update c.d ? thats a new one on me unless its a bios update ?

n e ways i find on my dell laptop if i choose cd rom as first boot device it wont always work instead i hit whats F12 on my laptop which is "one time boot menu" aka it will boot from woteva device you choose from on there

umm a driver bootable update c.d ? thats a new one on me unless its a bios update ?

n e ways i find on my dell laptop if i choose cd rom as first boot device it wont always work instead i hit whats F12 on my laptop which is "one time boot menu" aka it will boot from woteva device you choose from on there

maybe your right actually..it says in order to run diagnostics i must boot from cd..otherwise i guess i can just download the driver in xp...

but i have also tried hitting f12 and it says boot device not available hit f.. to run setup utility..so ive tried and still doesnt work

maybe your right actually..it says in order to run diagnostics i must boot from cd..otherwise i guess i can just download the driver in xp...

but i have also tried hitting f12 and it says boot device not available hit f.. to run setup utility..so ive tried and still doesnt work

Can you get your drivers from Microsoft update or your hardware manufacturers website?

I installed all my motherboard drivers while in Windows.

I've never heard of installing drivers from BOOT.

Boot into XP as normal. When in Windows insert the Drivers CD. If it doesn't start automatically after a few seconds then click START>MY COMPUTER and then double click on the CD drive.

Then update your drivers.

I installed all my motherboard drivers while in Windows.

I've never heard of installing drivers from BOOT.

Boot into XP as normal. When in Windows insert the Drivers CD. If it doesn't start automatically after a few seconds then click START>MY COMPUTER and then double click on the CD drive.

Then update your drivers.

yea i was wrong about the boot from the disc to install the drivers...however im still unable to boot from the disc which i need to do to reinstall windows

did/does the drive work in windows? ie: does it actually work with other discs, and is this a downloaded copy? try loading the bios defaults maybe, then setting the boot order again

Back
Top Bottom